What to do next?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by noel123ie, Dec 2, 2008.

1. noel123ie

noel123ie Nibble Poster

Hi there

Im currently studying Security + at a local college here in Ireland and home studing Vista 70-620.

I hope to sit these exams in January and fingers crossed pass.I will then look for a new job I currently work at level 1 on a helpdesk.

What do I do next do I do next do I do two more exams and get my MCSA using Sec+ as elective or do I do MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician but Im concerned as Vista is not popular and will this be of use?

I could also do MCITP: Enterprise Administrator or MCITP: Server Administrator

Thanks
    Noel

Certifications: MCSA Sec+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If you don't have any experience (since you stated that you're looking for a level 1 helpdesk job) I would recommend staying away from the MCITP: EA & MCITP: SA and concentrate on the MCITP: EST or the MCITP: CST, MCDST & at the most the MCSA.

As I very much doubt that you fit the requirements for the MCITP: EA

See here.

Or the MCITP: SA

See here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security