What simulation in 640-811 exam?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by ragnar, Nov 9, 2005.

1. ragnar

ragnar New Member

Hi,

i will sit the CCNA ICND exam on friday. Can anyone tell me what the simulation in the exam is about?
    I know that the CCNA 640-801 simulation is about configuring VTP, is the sim in the ICND exam about that too?

thanks,

rag

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Beats me and if you are sitting the exam today, it's a little late to ask. :tongue

By now you are either comfortable at the CLI issuing IOS commands or you're not. Hopefully, you've been getting experience either using router sims or the real thing. All I can say at this stage is "good luck" and let us know how you do. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

What Trip said, you either know how to use the CLI or you don't.

Good luck! :biggrin

4. ragnar

ragnar New Member

Of course I trained with Cisco routers and switches, i also gathered some experience at my work place, we do lots of configuring there.
    But I fear the simulation question. If they want me to configure ISDN stuff like DDR or whatever, i am more or less screwed up. ISDN is my weak point in the CCNA exam. I tried to learn it couple of times, but I somehow dont get it 100%.

5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Can I just ask why you have scheduled the exam then if you aren't 100% comfortable with the objectives?

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh, I'm just curious thats all.

8)

6. ragnar

ragnar New Member

My CCNP co worker told me that there are very little ISDN questions, so I think my knowledge in this area is adequate.

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

As I recall from taking the CCNA exam, the simulations are relatively straight forward. Cisco doesn't try to trick you and throw some impossibly complex problem at you. The flash item is to test that you can really "walk the walk" as well as "talk the talk".

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. ragnar

ragnar New Member

Thanks for your answer. You took some of the fear from me

9. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

What elements of ISDN is it that you can't grasp?

I'm just brushing up on it for my CCNA Semester 4 practical exam, and may be able to help.

If not, then there are others here who will definately be able to help.

:)

10. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

Where did you hear that? For my CCNA I practiced labs on all routing protocols covered within the CCNA syllabus, lots of switching, ISDN DDR, frame-relay over and over and over because they can throw any of those at you.

That was for 801, I haven't really looked into the ICND syllabus but I really wouldn't go in expecting to have a lab on one particular topic, they have a wide variety of topics to choose from for the practical it could be anything covered in the course.

The passmark is too high to go in not feeling 100% comfortable in all the topics, you really do have to know all of them very well.

Good luck.

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging