What should I use to web design

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by michael78, Jan 17, 2007.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Thats the problem there are so many different ways of doing things with web development. When I pass my MCSA final exam and start doing some web designing I'm just going to stick with XHTML, CSS and PHP/MYSQL. From there I'll just see how things pan out and if there are any clear signs of one or two technologies becoming the standard before I bother learning them.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. Dan Ballance

Dan Ballance Bit Poster

then again, if you're training in a m$ product anyways, then 'keeping it all under roof', so to speak, and learning their approach to web development might be a good way forward.

check out the stats here:

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/web_server_survey.html

whilst apache is still the clear market leader, m$ have started to close the gap somewhat in recent times. if you will already b working on a windows network, then i would be tempted to learn how their web dev kit works,

just a thought,

dan :-)