What shall I do to get myself an ENTRY SUPPORT ROLE???

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by shocksl, Apr 22, 2012.

1. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

Hi People :)

I am trying to get my leg into an I.T job (help desk, 1st line support role)

I am trying to secure an I.T voluntary position in a chairty organisation, where I'd be helping older people use computers.

Other than work experience, what else can i do to enhance my chances of finding an entry job in the I.T industry?

I have experience in working in call centres/ customer service.

Besides I dont have alot of technical skills, other than 'user level'. So to combat this I am going to attempt studying for the Micro cert 70-680. I must admit I am finding it thoroughly difficult as alot of the concepts are very new to me.

Is there anything else you guys recommend me to start looking into or learning for an entry job??

2. TheMagician

TheMagician Nibble Poster

In addition to this are you actually applying for salaried jobs? How many have you applied to? You have demonstrable customer service experience which does carry a lot of weight for the sort of jobs you should be applying for.

The reason 70-680 is tricky is because a lot of the concepts are based on how Windows 7 is used and deployed in enterprise environments and is aimed at people who have been supporting and rolling it out in those environments.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    Certifications: MCSA 2012, MCITP: EA, SA, ITIL