What MCAD exam do i we do first???

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by nellyp123, May 8, 2007.

1. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Hi peeps...

Can anyone tell me the best way to tackle the MCAD exams?
    Which one do i study for first?? I have just purchased the MCAD/MCSD self-paced training kit and it doesn't give you any indication of where to start.

I have looked at the requirements on the ms website and still weren't sure.

What i was thinking of doing was the 70-305 and 70-306 as my core exams and 70-310 as my elective???

I will be very thankfull for any help.:biggrin

Certifications: CIW Professional
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

At present there is no 'pre defined' order to take exams. Simply take the exam that you feel most comfortable with first, and then move on to studying for the next one.

8)

3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

The order you take them in won't help or hinder you one way or 'tother.

I did 305, 306 and 310.
    I found 306 easier than 305, but that may be because I was using different study material. It may also be that about 75% of 305 and 306 are the same.

One thing to think about is what you actually want to do with this cert. Having both 305 and 306 may not be the best approach.

If you want to be a Web developer for example you may choose to do something like SQL (229) instead of 306.

On the other hand, if you are after an easy life - like I say, there is a lot of overlap between 305 and 6.

HTH.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD