What level of detail for HDLC for CCNA?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Pete01, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

How deep do I need to delve into HDLC for the CCNA exam?

I've read over my study materials which explains how it works with keepalive packets and that it's layer 2, how to configure it and that it's enabled by default on Cisco routers.

I was talking to a friend of mine on MSN who recently did either the INTRO or ICND (can't remember which one :p) and he was advising me to really know HDLC inside out and backwards :eek:

I suspect that because Cisco has developed their own proprietry version of the protocol it might be thoroughly tested on the exam.

By reading this link here am I reading 'beyond the scope of the CCNA'?

I know that all knowledge on the relevant subjects is useful and if I could afford the time to read beyond the scope of the exam I would, but with the big day in 20 days time now ( :eek: !!!) I'd like to focus purely on thoroughly knowing what I need to know for the exam, to quote from this link

Oh well- the quote says "Know them broad, know them deep"

I think I just answered my own question- I'll still post this anyway lol :p

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I think that you not only answered your own question, but also one for every one else doing any certs.

:)