1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What language are you doing your MCAD/MCSD in ?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Stu_C, May 4, 2005.

1. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

Im doing my MCAD in C# with computeach and just coming to the end of stage 3, which hopefully means the end of Console programming and onto windows forms and ADO.net.

Stu_C

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I'm doing VB. I wasn't given the choice.
    Mind you, I'm getting on fine with it.
    I've never done any C stuff so I don't know what I'm missing out on. (VBTV rocks, by the way if you're looking at the Microsoft site).
    What's the main difference? Can anyone help?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Talfwr

Talfwr Bit Poster

I can't help but I can tell you I'm on the path to doing VB, just got to get through the simple stuff first.
    I'm looking forward to it though.
    Stu_C what's the C like with computeach?

WIP: MCSD
  4. MuddyFox

MuddyFox Bit Poster

I'm with you, Stu ;)

I'm planning to do mine in C# 'cause I come from a JavaScript background and the syntax looks similar...

I'm just starting, and it looks like it's not going to be as easy as I thought...

Did you know any C before you started your MCAD?

Is it neccessary to study C# first, and then start my MCAD, or is Knowledge of C# not a pre-requisite?

Certifications: Certified Web Developer
    WIP: MCAD, MCSD
  5. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

i had dabbled with many languages before i decided to do a proper training course with one. My main choice was C++ but the training provider i study with has dropped it in favour of C#.

The MCAD can be taken on whatever language you choose C++,C#,VB.

Knowledge of one of the languages would be helpfull otherwise how can you develop applications :p

And since you come from a Java background C# sounds like the best choice for you as the languages are very similar.

Stu_C

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD