What kind of job should I get first if I want to become network admin?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by OldGuy1177, Jul 21, 2016.

1. OldGuy1177

OldGuy1177 New Member

I don't have any IT experience so I couldn't even get single network admin position offer even for entry level position. However, I did get offer for help desk position and network technician position. As we all know, help desk position is just troubleshooting desktop/laptop based problems and have to stay in front of phone all day. Pay is horrible too. I was offered for $13 an hour, 15 an hour with 24 hours ready on call schedule. The other job I was offered was network technician, working on server side. It requires you to set up server equipment, do minor configurations under supervision and help out senior engineers. Pay is also great compared to help desk position.

I should go with network technician position if I want to become network admin or possibly IT manager someday, right?

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Well I work on helpdesk; if networking is where you want to be then take that job I guess.. You cant look at pay to deeply, you want to get your foot in the door, you are in a fortunate position.

3. LilyRose

LilyRose New Member

You should get CompTia or Cisco accredited qualifications . That will get you the job