What kind of job can I realistically get with A+ and Network+ with no experience?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by OldGuy1177, Apr 22, 2016.

1. OldGuy1177

OldGuy1177 New Member

I just earned my BS in IT. I tried for 2 months but couldn't find IT related job. Guess I didn't try hard enough since I only applied like 10 places. All their requirements were way too high for me. They all wanted experienced people with big name certs even for entry level position. So I decided get myself some certs. I studied hard for 2 months and got myself A+ and Network+. What kind of job can I get at this point? I am familiar with building pc and installing stuff, basic troubleshooting since I've been building my own pc for a long time. I am going to study some more and get more certs as well.
    so keep everything short, here are my questions.

1) What kind of job can I look for and how much would I get from it(salary)?
    2) What kind of certs should I get? I am thinking about security+, server+
    and ccna, ccnp. I am pretty sure I can get security+ and server+ in 2 months
    but not sure about ccna or ccnp. I have to get ccna to even try ccnp and from what
    I heard, ccna is much harder than comptia certs and it takes 3 months+ studying
    time even if I study like 4 hours a day.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Helpdesk work tbh, yes I agree these entry jobs these days want high level certs, its all changed now it seems and they want you to know alot of advanced stuff and pay you less than 20k a year... I have foubd IT doesn't actually pay that well.