What is your favorite Star Wars film?

Discussion in 'Polling Station' started by tripwire45, Dec 7, 2005.

?

What is your favorite Star Wars film?

1. Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Star Wars IV: The New Hope

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  5. Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  6. Star Wars VI: The Return of the Jedi

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I know you've seen them all thanks to the miracle of DVDs. Which one is your all-time fav? :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. CliffG

CliffG Nibble Poster

I think Empire still ranks as my favourite, however ROTS is probably a close second.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  3. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Empire strikes back for me :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  4. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

Jedi for me as it was the first film in the original trilogy that i saw.

Certifications: BEng, PRINCE2, ITIL, Net+
    WIP: MSc, Linux+ 2009, RHCE
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

For me, it's the very first film. Of course, it wasn't originally known as "The New Hope". It was just "Star Wars". That was back in 1977. I saw it at the Arguillo Theatre in San Francisco for the first time. I know by today's standards, the special effects left something to be desired, but it was *an event*. The thing was hyped to the max. No one knew what it was going to be like.

It was a smash hit from the first few seconds it came on the screen until the ending credits. When Darth Vader first appears on the screen, stepping out of the smoke on Princess Leia's spacecraft, the entire audience spontaneously booed. It was terrific. :tongue

Other films may have better effects or be bigger but this one will always be the first and the best.

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I couldn't agree more Trip, in it's day it was awesome and it is still my favourite too.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Very tough, but I'm going with Jedi.
    The jury is still out on ROTS as I've only seen it once. I can't help but feel that although they were good sci-fi, all the prequels lost the magic of the orriginals, something was missing.
    Maybe it's that we've grown up...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. Rostros22

Rostros22 Kilobyte Poster

The first one (a new hope) easily for me.

Return of the Jedi could have been close if Lucas hadn't put those flaming 'teddy bears' in the film.

Certifications: ITIL Certs, F.A.S.T Auditor Certs
    WIP: None - Application with Police
  9. Pie Eater

Pie Eater Nibble Poster

Well it is a tough one...grew up with the original 3 films, but still enjoyed the latest 3.

I suppose I will pick the original ..Star Wars because that was the one that started it all.....you just cant beat the start of that film the Star Destroyer and The Rebel blockade runner....A Classic!! :p

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

In the lead.

[​IMG]

11. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well the year I was born was when Empire Strikes Back was on...thats not the reason I voted for it...its for the simple reason that it was in this film we found out that Luke was in fact the son of Darth Vader...right now picture it kids...you high up in a sky tower, your right hand has been chopped off and your ready to jump to oblivion, then all of a sudden some dude dressed in black with a dodgy asthma comes upto u and and says "Obi-Wan never told what happened to your father" you reply "He told me you killed him" then the bombshell....(drum roll please!!) "No Luke...........I am your father!" besides wanting kill him and telling him what a selfish b******* he is dressed like that....just what do u say to that? I nkow what I would do...follow Luke and drop down the hole...I would be too embarrassed to have my dad walking around the local town wearing and sounding like his inhaler went missing for months....(apologies for anyone who maybe asthmatic it was meant to be a joke :D) but yes Empire Strikes Back for me....

WIP: my life
  12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I actually walked out of Empire in the cinema.
    I was about 10 at the time.
    I was a big fan of the first film, and my Grandad sneaked me in to see ESB (We were living in Germany at the time and they gave it a '12' rating).
    The opening hoth scene was a bit slow (when you're that age) and when Han cut the tauntaun open, I said I wanted to leave.

ROTG is special for me. I saw it on the first day it showed in Eastbourne. I was still a nipper, but I sat on a camping chair in the queue all morning while my grandparents popped back and forth with food and drink. Maybe that's why I have a soft spot for it.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  13. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Why is there not an option for "the Next Generation" ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  14. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

someone please tell me he is joking? :blink:

WIP: my life
  15. Pady

Pady Nibble Poster

empire strikes back for me, just something about the storyline that makes ma happy to watch it again and again

Certifications: A+, See Sig for HW Certs
    WIP: Network+ & MCP 70-270
  16. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I have to agree..A new hope had a happy (wizard of Oz) type ending while Empire Strikes back left you with a cliffhanger and complete shock about Darth Vader. Even the bloke who wore Darth Vader's costume was surprised.

Excellent film

:rocks

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  17. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

It's got to be the original Star Wars. Every sequel and prequel just want to overshadow the rest with more special effects that the story becomes second place to the whole thing.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  18. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

The prequels blow big time. As for the travesty of the recent DVD release of the "originals", well, I had no idea about the altered ending of Jedi and after having sat through three films I used to love be butchered for no good reason - none of the changes add anything to the films - to see Christianson's mug in the Ewok village instead of Sebastian Shore nearly gave me an anurism, way to p1ss on the guy's grave Lucas you turd :x. My girlfriend came running up the stairs to see what all the screaming was about.

Anyway, it's Empire for me (in it's original form).

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  19. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

May the Force be with you

20. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

The prequels could have been much much better than they were. A real missed opportunity I feel. Phantom Menace was just, well words fail me. It at least did get better after that though.

The original trilogy will always be special to me though, I was just old enough to see A new hope at the cinema when it first came out.

I still think the SFX from the original 3 films stands up well even by todays standards.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada