What is the future of the Web???

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by nellyp123, Sep 13, 2008.

1. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

I know this is a question that probably can't be answered, but it's a question that i often ask myself. And i thought it would be interesting to know what other people think???

"WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF THE WORLDWIDE WEB!??"

I have been using the web for nearly five years and i have been learning about the web for just over two years. And even in that small time frame, i have seen a hat full of new technologies that either are new or have evolved....xhtml/css, Flash(AS3), Ajax, jquery, Abobe AIR, RSS... the list goes on.

What will it be like in another five years? Will all web sites be in Flash? Will this recession (if we do get one) cripple the web to the point that know one wants a web site designed anymore as the cost is to much. And with all these new technologies to learn, will the web designer/developer be to overwhelmed at how much there is to learn.(which i am already!) I know people say "stick to what ya good at!" but being a freelancer, which i believe is over 70% of the web industry, there's always someone out there that know's more!! (bastards) That someone who can sit at their desk for twelve hours a day learning Javascript or Ajax.

This is just me thinking out loud. But it would be interesting to hear what you all think????

Neil

Certifications: CIW Professional
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I don't think the web will ever die, but it will be available to more hand held products. The only problem with the web is policing it! :dry8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Hope not! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

If there are more flash sites, I'm gonna start bashing skulls :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

You know I always wondered about IP address and MAC numbers. That eventually they will run out of numbers hexdecimal's to use on NIC's and then what?

How do we know if there is another duplicate IP address on the web?? :hhhmmm

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  7. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If that ever happens, they'll just invent MAC Address v6 :biggrin

Hmmm... Wonder should I patent that phrase?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

LOL, you should do then get on dragons den with it. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

I think the web will just get bigger, and better IMO... More people are doing online banking, more people are buying things from the web now. Even my mother and father have made purchases on the net - something, which I would have seen as impossible. That shows me that I'll one day be the old father at 50, fully proficient on the web already (to my own standards) whereas my kids, and their kids will be the ones with the new technology. It will advance to the point of voice recognition :D

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
    WIP: A+
  10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

The Web will be named after me and I'll earn millions in royalties :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

A fine input to a thread that otherwise may of become quite interesting Wiz

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP