What is the best phone to read ebooks, and for educational purpose?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Nadine Abraham, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Nadine Abraham

Nadine Abraham New Member

What is the best phone for educational purpose?
    Hi, I need ur advice,
    What is the best phone to read ebooks, and for educational purpose?

With a big screen and good battery life??

2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Why not get a Kindle? £79 and you have a bigger screen, and it reads PDFs as well as kindle books.

If you're going for a phone - look for something with a large screen. I've done the odd bit of reading on my iPhone, but I doubt I'd manage an entire book comfortably.

Finally, I got an iPad - fantastic as long as the sun isn't out (we're in the UK so no problems there).

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

+1 to boffy, get a kindle they are cheap enough these days. But if you must use a phone then go for the one with the largest screen, the kindle app is available on all major os's ios,android etc so. The desire has quite a large screen and should be fairly cheap these days (my 2 year contract is nearly up, so I guess they should be cheap).

Keep in mind that for smaller screens pdf's dont scale that well so text maybe very small indeed so its always best to buy the kindle (or whatever book service you go for) as they should look better on a device.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

Samsung Galaxy Note.

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Why not go with audiobooks and podcasts ? Audio generally more practical to do learning on the move, then if you want more take a netbook also...

6. Wireless_Snake

Wireless_Snake Nibble Poster

I listen to podcasts on my phone when ever I am out and about. Reading on your phone could cause a bit of strain on your eyes so wouldnt recommend it.

Certifications: BSc (Hons) Computer Network Tech, CCNA, CCAI
    WIP: CCNP, VCP 5, SCP
  7. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

This pretty much - currently listening to TWiT podcasts, also I converted all CBTs to audio files so I could listen on my long commute to work. I got the idea from Craigie. :)

I use laptop/tablet for reading as its much easier than trying to read on phone. I found the Kindle a bit hard to flick through the PDF's/pages... can't beat a proper book for that!

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  8. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

The 4.7" screen on my HTC Titan makes reading relatively strain free. A Kindle would probably be the smarter choice however. But nothing beats good old paper back

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  9. Jennah

Jennah New Member

Kindle is the top eBook readers as far as I know. I became a fan of Kindle when I started to read eBooks and will be a fan if the Kindle would continue in upgrading some features. No one could beat Kindle as my eBook reader.

10. orangepeel

orangepeel New Member

I read quite comfortably on my 7" Galaxy Tab

Certifications: GNVQ IT (It's a start :D )
    WIP: ??