What is the best language for me to learn?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Big_nath, Nov 15, 2010.

1. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

I think being a "lady" probably has something to do with it, one French cabbie thought I was German despite the english accent, he refused to believe that a british person spoke his language.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

So.... are you Sicilian then? Whereabouts are your lot from?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

You look like a hit man Joe...... you want to stop people hitting you before you look like Sloth mate.....

I'm English! Its in my DNA to ask the way to the Beach in a loud voice, even if I'm in Madrid :biggrin

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. cisco lab rat

In the province of Agrigento, a stray cat/dog infested village called Alessandria della Rocca where nothing of any interest has ever happened.

What about your lot?

5. cisco lab rat

GAR-CON, Le Eggs, Le Chips, Le Twice

6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Caltanissetta - small village near Mussomeli called Acquaviva Platani. I hasten to add that's the wife's lot, not mine :)

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

This.

I'm quite aware of the abilities - and limitations - of the Chinese, Nugg... after all, about 20 years back, I was responsible for knowing everything there was to know about them, and I've gone there three times in the past two years - of all things, to teach them English. They're learning English so they can communicate with the rest of the world... and it's a plan that will absolutely help them succeed.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. cisco lab rat

Know it well. One thing about the place, nice driving to be had on that island, I have mangled many a car out on those great roads

9. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yeah - apart from the moody Carabinieri looking to nick anyone in a hire car :)

I don't know Agrigento that well - only the beaches, Porto Emedocle, the templi and Naro (mate's family are from there)

10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Not until half a million come and camp out in the south of England. Suddenly you'll find that Mandarin is the dominant language (but you'll be okay mate :twisted: ).

Well, yes. That's just a big old stone thing that's there. The wall I'm talking about (the same as in Berlin too) is the ideological wall that surrounds them. It's stronger than any wall of stone but it will come down. the Russians had an iron curtain until they peeked out. That seemed to fall off the curtain rails too.

But, back on topic; learn spanish. It will serve you well on holidays too. :twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Perhaps after the first cut you should have looked for another job? Never a good sign getting a paycut...

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  12. free.heron

free.heron Nibble Poster

Not sure about european but maybe consider learning a language like Arabic, although it is not easy it will you a solid grip on the job market within arab countries like Saudi Arabia, Dubai and other parts of the UAE

Certifications: ITIL v3
    WIP: CCENT