What Is IT?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by roockie, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roockie

roockie New Member

Hello guys, i am new at interacting in Forums and posting blogs, but i have been talking since i was a child, and i have been talking sense since my thoughts got me my first Job! Please bear with me if i am not orderly with how i post my stuff , and rather pay attention to what i say.
    I just joined this forum last week and i must say it has been the greatest move i have ever made since i started working, i used to get on the internet and send shout outs to my friends on facebook and chat about nothing! But now i think i am at a place where i can actually constructively contribute to a listener. This post is for people who think they know what IT is all about, i mean if you read most of the postings of people who just joined this forum you can swear that they got into IT with dollar signs in their Eyes! They hear that IT pays and is a broad field with almost little or no "sunk cost" to get a start in it. So they take up certification courses and make the certifications and when Microsoft sends you a card that reads "Microsoft Certified Professional" they start getting delusions of grandeur! And they want the big paychecks already. Well here is a rude awakening, when you make the certification; it barely certifies your capacity to understand the workings of the system and not your knowledge of it!
    Another thing is that when they don’t get the jobs they start trying to blame outsiders for their mishap, like the training institution promised to get them into the industry and all that. Please, here is some advice the reason you are called a professional is because you are in a profession meaning you can do something and you don’t need to have someone tell you what to do! You already know what to do and you have a basic understanding of how to do it just keep doing it where ever you are and you will inadvertently create a demand for whatever it is you are good at! To tell you the truth I don’t think you need a certification to get a start up job in IT, if you doubt this , ask yourself what used to happen before certifications. I don’t know much but I have been in this field long enough to know that Mr. Gates didn’t take a Microsoft certification! And Mr. Chambers is not CCIE certified! But they are reigning heavy weights in the IT industry.
    The bottom line is Love IT and don’t ask yourself what IT can do for you But what you can do for IT and you will never be “jobless”. This is my humble advice to all my fellow Rookies!

p.s It is better to light a candle than to curse the dark!

2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

LOL!

Is this serious?

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Well done. Good man.

OK. Take your word for that.

Apology accepted. :biggrin

Will do. :salut

Oh... :unsure

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

IT is a clown that tells you "they all float". Look him up

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Ohh yes... They Float Georgie... They Float... and when your down here, with me... YOU FLOAT TOO!

Scared the sh*t out of me that film! Had to go and get in bed with my folks. 26 I was.

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  6. westernkings

hahaha. +REP

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

BEEP BEEP RITCHY.

I AM THE EATER OF WORLDS AND OF CHILDREN.

Quality film and even better book.:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. JK2447

Film was good but the book was ace I agree. "Bill, help me Bill"

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
  9. greenbrucelee

The film was quite true to the book which makes a change the only thing the film left out was that Beverely slept with them all.

"Feeling queezy, girly boy" :D

10. roockie

roockie New Member

Hey Guys, what has the movie got to do whit this posting? please enlighten me!

11. westernkings

Basically, they didn't find any use for the post and instead made it into something they enjoy. It happens from time to time... Don't worry about it. :D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Ooh... Infraction! :ohmy

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  13. westernkings

Edited for PCness. Despite saying what we were all thinking :rolleyes:

14. JK2447

Thread title: What is IT?

In addition to answering questions and taking the time to reply to people, we also like to have a sense of humour.

Do you work in IT?

15. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I thought IT was the hairy cousin...

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  16. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Speaking of 'IT' - I suffer from Coulrophobia (have done since I was a tiny child). It is absolutely devastating - I can't count the number of times I've opened a paper, or switched over a channel adn there's been some evil b***tard clown.

I digress. A couple of months back, I was out to dinner with the wife and some of her friends, when one of them found out about my phobia - and said; "Ooooh - have you ever seen the film 'IT"? To which my response was; "Having a pathological fear of clowns, I'm hardly likely to go and see a film where the main protagonist is an EVIL F***ING CLOWN now am I?"

PS: The real answer to this questions is:

"It's It... (what is it). It's it... (what is it)"

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  17. greenbrucelee

you asked what IT was. Answer a mother****ing clown that kills kids:D

18. Revolate

Revolate Nibble Poster

It's a badass clown movie that will give you nightmares for the rest of your life, and also it's two letters. :dry

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, NVQ3, ADITP.
    WIP: Server+ and a nice break?
  19. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
    Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  20. roockie

roockie New Member

I wrote this post was for newbies to knwo what to espect before they start taking certifications! i understand that you guys had to make some fun but really, if my post sucked that much then why not light some candles instaed of laughing at the little light i have got;
    And yes i Work in IT but i don't think i am smart enough to be graced with a Tittle!