What IS an MSCE / MSCA ectera..

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Hello World, May 9, 2005.

1. Hello World

Hello World Nibble Poster

I've been looking around at all these posts here, people quoting numbers like 70-270 / 70-292 ect... thing is i dont have the damndest clue what all of these are and mean.

Anyone wanna give me a quick overview / rundown of all these numbers and titles? ... im sure i could google it but hell thats no fun.

WIP: CCNA 1, IT Essentials 1(A+)
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

an MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer) is a microsoft accreditation made up of numerous exams called 'MCPs' actually, they are not called MCPS, the title you gain after ONE is MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
    the numbers are exam numbers, much like the A+ exam number, etc, each exam has a number associated with it, but the names of microsoft exams are so bloody long, most people refur to them by number
    for instance

Implementaing, Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Internet Security and Aceleration 2004 Server = 70-350

which would you want to write out ?

MCSA, MCDBA etc are just other flavors that a combination of MCP exams will equate too
    check out www.microsoft.com/train_cert for more detailed explination

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0