What Exams?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by kellylewis81, Nov 26, 2009.

1. kellylewis81

kellylewis81 New Member

Hi Guys, just wondered if you could offer me some advice on what the best exam to go for is?

I have been working in IT for around 10yrs now, I started off on a Microsoft Office Helpdesk, from there I went on to be a more hands on IT Trainee which included building servers, desktops and fixing software and hardware related issues.

I am now in a Desktop Support position which also includes occasional support on servers/networks and account administration.

I have taught myself everything and am looking to continue in the IT field so am starting to think that certificates to backup my experience would be a good thing, any advice on which certificate to start off in would be a great help!

I was thinking MCDST but again am unsure.

Thanks in advance!

WIP: MCDST...
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hi,
    The MCDST is a very good start. If you look around on the forums a bit you'll find a lot of people promoting it, together with Comptia's A+ and N+ offerings.

This is because they will give you a good foundation from which you can build on. Plus with your previous experience the exams shouldn't be too difficult either!

For reading material I suggest reading the stickied post on the relevant forum sections.

Hope this helps :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. kellylewis81

kellylewis81 New Member

Thats a great help, thanks for your quick reply!

WIP: MCDST...