What Exam?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by pupster, Dec 5, 2010.

1. pupster

pupster New Member

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me, I have been working as a DST for around 10 years now, I know my stuff and have decided that I need some MS Qualifications to back up my experience, I was thinking MCDST or MCITP however although I can answer the majority of questions nerves always get the better of me when taking exams which is why it has taken me 10yrs to actually do the exams!!

Any advice would be great, thanks!

2. sweetdisorder

sweetdisorder Bit Poster

I hate taking exams as well, but the feeling you have when you come out of the testing centre knowing you have passed is pretty good.

When you feel you are ready, book the exam. At the mo, you get free second chance as well http://www.microsoft.com/learning/career/en/us/career-offer.aspx which might make it easier on the nerves knowing if it all goes tits up you can book it in again for no penalty.

Get the MCDST now while it is still available, then move on to the vista/win7 MCTS/MCIPT.

I am booked in for 70-290 this Friday, so my nerves are starting to feel on edge already!!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-620 70-290
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Do certs in what your experienced with and what you currently work on.

If you work with XP do the MCDST and the 70-270 exam, if you work with Windows vista and 7 do MCTIP.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The best thing you can do to overcome your "test nerves" is to take and pass exams. Practice exams are a good way to get comfortable with them, particularly if you treat them as if you were sitting for the real exam.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. pupster

pupster New Member

Thanks for the replies guys, MCDST exam it is then (nerves have kicked in already)!!

Really appreciate your advice! Thanks again