what do you think?

Discussion in 'Software' started by zxspectrum, Aug 9, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

OK been browsing ebay and seen this, for some reason i thought of you lot.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COMPUTER-REPA...goryZ179QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I think most of the tools on there can be gained for free Eddie! I'll do a search for thread someone started a while ago about utilities and post back.

Boyce

Edit;

This might get you started, Ed.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yup looks to me like the free ultimate boot disk, except you have to pay for it :blink

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Agree, you can get this type of software online for free.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It's going to be either the free ultimate boot disk or the CD version (cut down version) of ERDC that they give out for free. They sell the items (even though it's free) and what's worrying is that people buy them.

It reminds me of what a high ranking person once said when questioned about why high prices in the UK, his reply "Because they'll pay it"

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

People buy all kinds of free software

I was in PC world the other day and I heard a guy saying to the salesman I wiped my computer and re-installed everything the only thing that hasnt I cant have backed up properly was nero.

So what did the salesman sell him Nero 7

you can download of the internet for free, granted its not the complete version but you can still use it to play dvds and create backup dvds and data disks.

So what else do you want it for? nothing

So the poor guy ended up paying £9.99 for a free thing.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I have always found the full version of Nero better than the trial, but each to there own :biggrin

Lets face it consumers, for the most part, will stick to one brand of software because that don't want to change, ie have to have MS Office (when for basic/everyday use there are alternatives like open office), etc.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I agree Ken

Everyone in my family with a pc uses IE for web browsing but I use firefox because I think its better, slightly more secure etc

I also use open office and have MSOffice and open office came free with mt comp :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?