What do you think?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ffreeloader, Aug 21, 2006.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Watch this video on news reporting from the latest "war" in the Middle East and see if you think there is any misreprentation of the facts going on, or in other words, biased reporting by major networks.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i dont want to say im against this nor agree not but the WHOLE world did this... even her in Cyprus the victim was Lebannon and the attacker was Isreal - 24/7! Why? Both were killing people!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

You're right - thats terrible.

The media are absolutely disgraceful.

Reuters are a disgrace. Lets all switch right now to the only news network that reports the truth accurately and with no bias at all: Fox

:rolleyes:

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

well to be honest biased or not, there were some 1000 civilians killed in lebanon, that figure cant be made biased can it? i'm not saying anything about the photograph, they certainly seem to have been altered in some way...

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

True - statistics, unlike the media, don't lie.

Actually, whilst we're on the subject - here are some more 'doctored' photographs

Click the 'view 360 degree panorama' link halfway down the page

Its a panoramic view of downtown Beirut after Israeli warplanes flew overhead - presumably not dropping food parcels or friendly advice on leaving town...

Incidentally - I'm not simply stirring up trouble here - I'm simply relating that, whilst there may well have been accusations of tampering with photos and placing props in shots (something that has ALWAYS been done by reporters, since the dawn of sensationalist jorunalism), the fact remains that Israel has bombed large areas of Lebanon flat - and sacrificed a whole load of its own soldiers into the bargain - for what basically amounts to nothing more than a show of force.

Its a disgrace that Hizbollah fighters (OK - lets call them what they really are: Terrorists) have been sheltered by a complicit Lebanese government and allowed to make incursions onto Israeli soil, kidnapping Israeli soldiers. But does this justify levelling cities and killing hundreds, if not thousands of civilians?

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yes there is always biased reporting or propaganda going on, it's becoming more and more difficult to determine the actual truth. All we get are opinions rather than facts. The more people that believe any given opinion the more likely that it will become a fact.

That is why I don't take much notice of newspapers and TV these days. I tend to seek out others opinions on the Internet. The world as seen through Freddy Freeloader's eyes is more reminiscent of my own perception than that of some snakey reporter wanting to make a name for himself in the media.

I am against war period but if I lived in Israel, I would want to make sure that the terrorists on my doorstep were kept well at bay and I can't see any pacifist way of achieving that situation.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)