What did you do over the Bank Holiday?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sandy, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Just think the long haul to Christmas now! :(

2. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Well, I didn't do alot over the weekend but on bank holiday monday i made a boo boo,

We (the family) had all decided to go to flamingo land for the day, we took a picnic for dinner, I searched the internet for the directions and set off about 8:20 in the morning,....... halfway through our journey, Chris asked me if there was any Go Karts at Flamingo land, "Flamingo Land" i said, "we aren't going to flamingo land", only to be showered with a chorus of "YES WE ARE" from the rest of the family. "Arrrr", Said I "Well in that case i don't know how to get there, i was on my way to lightwater valley"

I had been looking for the directions on the internet and had searched for Lightwater Valley by mistake :oops: .... so thats where we ended up, we still had a fun day and went on the 'ultimate' about 6 times

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Cheer up Sandy, it's only seventeen weeks away :D

Bank Holiday.

Let me see hmmmm, sorry can't remember.

Though I remember opening the bottle on Friday night but the rest is just a blur, sorry :eek: :drunk :morebeer

4. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

I took part in the Robot Wars qualifiers on Friday, I went along in an advisory / spare set of hands capacity. Never expected to get through on to the program but we have :bud They think we will probably fall apart quite well on TV :eek: so we are going back on Thursday to be filmed getting a good trouncing.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  5. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Let us know when it is going to be screened. Si can organise some tee shirts for you .... maybe a logo for the wee robot

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

The Wee McSprocket ! It would surely be a world-beater, Phil :!:

:croc

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Well, we went on Robot Wars. We went, we saw, we got battered, it was fantastic. We went out in a blaze of glory, literally. Somebody decided it would be a good idea to push us over the flame pit where the foam in the tyres caught light and made a lovely bonfire, they tried to push us over the co2 jets but we still burned. By the end the arena looked like there had been carnage, bits of our robot spread all over it and the robot sat there merrily burning away. I haven't had so much fun since Alton Towers last year :D

Public Humiliation on national TV you can't beat it, should be on TV somewhere near the end of this year.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade