What database certifications are in the market?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by fatp, Jun 24, 2008.

1. fatp

fatp Byte Poster

What database management certifications are in the market?

e.g.

Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g - OCA,`OCP

MS Sql Server 00/05/08 - MCDBA / MCITP

MySQL - ?

and are there any others?

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

There is also the giants IBM DB2, MySQL, Sybase, Ingres and Postgres. Database is a good career field to develop as you can really florish with these in IT. A few years back I looked into training as a database developer on Oracle but couldn't muster the courage to see it through.

But hey, you never know things change and to be a good database admin or developer you need some programming and scripting knowledge too. But with hard work and dedication anything can be achieved with time.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You may want to check out this site, they have certs from different vendors as well as what category it falls into (eg dev, db, programming, support, etc).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. fatp

fatp Byte Poster

cheers 4 that ken! very useful as i'm doing the a+ and net+, plus me lookin for future relevant certs.