1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Certification To Start First?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Andrew_P, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Andrew_P

Andrew_P Bit Poster

Hi Guys,

I am wondering what cerfication to start with as I have hardware experience and have a small amount of network experience but not much.

I was originally going to start with the MCDST then go from there but I am thinking of starting at the CompTia Certifications and going for the A+ and Network + to get me into the certifcation world and to hopefully give me a bit more experience with hardware.

For people who have started with these, do you think they are a good starting point for people wanting to go onto further certs like MCDST, MCSE etc?.

Any advice would be appreciated.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum I did not know what forum this sort of post covered so I decided to put it in here :))

Thanks

Andrew

Certifications: None at present
    WIP: A+
  2. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Personally I would opt for the A+ and N+ to start with.

They are considered to be 'entry level' but do provide a solid basic knowledge with which you can pursue further certs.

I've found my A+ studies to be far and above 'entry level',given a limited background of experience in this field and feel that the CompTia entry level is far and above the first rung,so to speak.It is however a necessary and logical step to further certs which I plan to follow (I'm looking further forward to becoming qualified in IT security,in it's many forms) hence my recommendations.

Hope this helps a little... 8)

Certifications: A+ Network+
  3. Andrew_P

Andrew_P Bit Poster

Thanks Malnomates :)

I have decided I am gonna start with A+ then go onto do Network + hopefully as well.

Certifications: None at present
    WIP: A+
  4. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

Good call. :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  5. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Nice 1 8)

There's always help and good advice on the CF forums so keep in touch and let us know if you need any assistance.. :onthePC

Certifications: A+ Network+