1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Can I do in the meantime?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by noelg24, Jun 17, 2004.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I am beginning to get bored of my current call centre job at BT. Have you guys seen the really drab new ads? how sad!!! anyway I really want to get some more experience in the IT side of things. only problem is cos I am not certified in any way its not that simple. but I am not wanting to get a high paid job now just something that will make me enjoy my work and allow me to gain more experience. how do I go about this guys? what I am wanting to do is go round people's houses and fix their PCs or do some sort or PC support from home even. Thats it :idea: thats what I'll do. I'll start advertising and that and get some experience that way. its a shot in the dark but its worth it. plus I am in the process of getting my website done so that will be an even bigger bonus. but I will still like some help and ideas from you lot if possible....

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Glad to hear your making good progress on the book, Waliu - keep it up :thumbleft

Unfortunately, is was so long ago I sat the exam, I can't even remember what preps I used. I believe at the time that Nitlc (who I was with) provided very good prep tests.

Other than that, I would suggest you get hold of the latest Cramsessions for the A+ - I found them absolutely invaluable.

Other than that, just keeep reading and understanding the concepts and you be A-OK.

HTH :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

What are the chances that you could reduce working by 1 day per week (ie 80%) and use that day for yourself?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well I do work 5 days out of seven but the missus always wants to do something on a sunday in particular as I tend to work saturdays :evil: . but this weekend she is going away so I will have all weekend to do some serious reading. I even take the book to work with me to read bits here and there. so lets hope this helps.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life