1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your thoughts on Six Sigma certifications?

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by wagnerk, Jan 25, 2008.

1. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hi Guys/Gals,

I was wondering on the Six Sigma certification track: Yellow belt, Green belt, Black belt, etc.

Link1, Link2, Link3

What are your thoughts on these certifications? It seems to be a project management cert (or at least linked to project management).

Has anyone here done this cert or training?

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

They're mainly concerned with process improvement. At my last permanent job they were really into this.

Each certified person was assigned to a certain process and asked to come up with ways to improve that process and implement those improvements.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Sounds kinda interesting, I'm thinking about non-technical certs at the moment (Six Sigma, ITIL, Project+, etc) to compliment my technical certs.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip