What are you doing this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Jul 22, 2007.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

For most of you in the UK and Europe, it's in the wee hours of Sunday morning so over half of your weekend is gone. It's still a quarter past 8 on Saturday evening here and 97 degrees F outside.

My wife and daughter are working on some sushi recipes in the kitchen. I also noticed the ice cream maker is out so I guess they are putting some sort of project together. My son Michael is out with friends and I can't really decide what I'm in the mood for.

I've got several books I could be reading but I'm having a tough time getting motivated. I have been working my way throught the Warner Bros. Batman Animated Series (in the middle of volume two) and I may continue that as a way to unwind.

Tomorrow, it's serious work on the book I'm currently writing. Banging up my wrist and my trip to Redmond has put me a little behind and I've got three chapters to submit by month's end.

I like listening to the Bill Evans Trio (jazz...piano, base, and drums) when I work. The particular CD I have was a set of charts recorded at the Village Vanguard club in New York's Greenwich Village in 1961 and represents the classic jazz sound. Great background for working.

How about you?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just went to my 20-year high school reunion. I got nominated for "most changed", but lost out to a guy who sported a goatee and earrings.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

I had a great saturday, enjoying my daughters 6th birthday:)
    Sunday its all about getting packed for our holiday that begins on wednesday 8)

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

BBQ and lots of beer on friday, Study and recovery on sat, more on sunday hopefully.8)

5. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Had to work yesterday (my last Saturday at that place) came home did a bit of study and a little bit of web surfing. Cooked a meal for the GF and watched the boxing.

Today, I plan to go to the gym this morning. I did hope to get out on my mountain bike but its just too wet. This afternoon I must hit the shops to find some clothes for my new job.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well on Friday I went to my friends house for curry, this is normally a weekly event for us there are normally 3 of us and we eat a hearty curry to celebrate the start of the weekend.

This hasnt happened much of late though as I have been studying and have been a bit skint.

Saturday I did nothing apart from a little study and couple of goes on ghost recon 2

Today I shall finish watching X-men 3 and will watch transformers later on then I must get to bed early as I am up at 5:50am to go to work (they've change my hours) :(

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I played some EVE, made a few million isk
    Beta tested World in Conflict and Empire Earth III
    toying with the idea of going to see Harry Potter and Transformers this afternoon

Studied a bit, and a bit more later tonight
    gotta clean up a bit before I go out, the missis is in the states for a month so im having to do all this cleaning lark myself, its very confusing
    hehe

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  8. greenbrucelee

I downloaded EVE yesterday I forgot to mention that, it seems a bit to similar to elite but slow I am still trying to figure out if I like it or not.

9. C4sper

C4sper Byte Poster

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  10. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

The thing to remember about Eve is its not a traditional space combat sim in the 'twitch' sense
    however if you liked elites trade and industry type stuff you will really get on in eve

the no holds bar pirating is also popular for some, the fact that there is actually a negative effect of death (unlike newer carebear MMORPGs like WoW makes pirating a little more satisfying, you can literally just attack anyone you like, and with a few of you can easily take out Battleships in frigates, always satisfying

whats your char name in game? i'd be happy to show you some ropes if you like

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  11. greenbrucelee

My char name is greenbrucelee, BTW whats yours maybe I 'll see you on there sometime.

12. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

We're trying to keep our heads above water here also. Luckily I'm on the high ground - by a couple of metres - and the (communications) infrastructure seems to be holding up so I can post.

I can also RDP into my servers at work (a ten minute cycle ride from home) so there won't be any horrors hopefully!

Rain, Rain, Beautiful Rain. (Ladysmith Black Mambazo) 8)

A vaguely damp, and distinctly unimpressed,

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  13. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I had to work on sat also. We were deploying a new imaging server and clients on 30 pc's.

Did some martial arts and a little bit of studying for the 290 exam. Today I'll probably wash the car and relax got to back to work tomorrow.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  14. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Long weekend, as took Monday off. :alc

Gorgeous day here, so I spent most of it building a run for my daughter's new guinea pigs (who are masters of hiding - bugger !!) Just a little more work on it tomoz to finish, so hoping for more of the same.

Did the tan no end of good tho 8)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  15. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Watching Tour The France mainly.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP