What are the odds?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, May 8, 2007.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Strange but true.

Today I saw Spider-man 3 in the cinema.

Wow amazing film even better than the last one, as I entered the cinema I noticed only three people sat in the seats awaiting the film. I guess everyone was at work. 8)

I sat near the back, then 20 minutes into trailers, I heard the door open and man hurries through. He sits down for a second then get's up again and moves around the room, side to side.

WTF - I thought what is he doing!:ohmy

It really spoils the trailer for Borne Identity 3. He marches up and down the aisle. Then stops near me, looks at me and goes out of the door. Few minutes later I feel a tap on the shoulder and it's one of the staff asking me to move because I am in this bloke seat.

WTF - there are over 50 empty seats in the whole of the cinema and I happen to sit in his:rolleyes:

Granted I didn't check the seat number, but there were so many empty seats.

As the film starts I looked around and there's only eight people in the whole of the cinema.

Has this happened to you?

Do you have a strange but true story to tell? 8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Good evening UCM, why yes something similar has happened to me.

I went to see spiderman3 the other day in the cinema, brilliant film btw.

I'm running late and get in during the trailors, the whole cinema is more or less empty but some monkey is sitting in my seat, can u believe it ? out of all the empty seats.....and its the seat i always sit in during films, unreal.

I give him a filthly look but he doesn;t get the hint and he's a big chap so i went and told the usher, who came and moved him.

LOL sorry UCM couldn't resist. :p

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

That was you Bambino? I didn't reconsie you in that Spider-man costume. :p :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Yes it was me all along UCM.....muwhhaahahahahhaha.....:biggrin

Mate, saw a good film the other night, downloaded it, Dejavu with Denzil washington and Val Kilmer.

Worth a download if u're bored.

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that UCM, but there are some pricks in the world. It's not the end of the world that you're in someone elses seat.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Wow... theaters here in the States seat on a first-come first-served basis... no pre-defined seating.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I have an unlimited cinema card, have done for the last 7 years, so as you can imagine i go to the movies ALOT
    I have yet to be to a cinema since I was like 12 that had reserved seating, especially an empty one! lol

did your ticket have a seat number on it UCM? was the seat marked reserved? sounds like this guy was a bit off it, or had friendly ties to the cinema :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  8. DarkDesigns

DarkDesigns Bit Poster

Or - and this is just my theory - was a tit. ^_^

I love half empty cinemas... went to see Hot Fuzz in Grantham on a sunday afternoon, couple weeks after release... about four of us in the entire place. Aces! Feet up on the seats time!

Best/most surreal thing I've seen in a cinema was an escalating snack-war between two guys during LOTR: Return of The King.
    It started with stealth bombing -a craftily thrown malteasers - escalated to tracer fire - popcorn streaking quite visibly through the darkened cinema - and then went onto sniper work. (Minstrels zooming with great precision through the air...)

I would follow the topic of weird things in general... but I would be here all day. @_o

Certifications: Unqualified Wretch
    WIP: A+
  9. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Im in SE London, and every cinema I go too doesnt have seat allocations, just sit where you want! Saves on all the fuss of whos in whos seat!

How you get an unlimited cinema card Pheonix? Not fair :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012