What are people doing or studying tonight that is IT related?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by hippy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

You know it. Gotta finish that off, then go upstairs and sit with the wife for a couple of hours, play with the cats for a bit then back down here to finish off a project submission for a SAN upgrade. The giggles never stop.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I have not done any IT practices or studies in a while. The only IT work I do at the moment is for work and fixing my other halfs computer. I was looking into setting up VMware though. Have to get that server first!!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

You're stopping at the World?

That's not what you told me.... :tune

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

:ohmy:biggrin Updates finished time to start cloning!

Im currently not 100% sure what to do after 70-284 and ITIL v3 Foundation. Next job will determine that one, but i would like to complete the MCSE!!! Although i must admit security and/or Virtualisation keeps popping into my mind!

edit: ooo major update!!!!! My light in my room current just blew 3 of the 6 bulbs in it... Mother F*

Zeb you must run on caffeine all week!

5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

You're not kidding - haven't stopped laughing at you yet matey :wink:

*runs like hell*

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Ooooooh

To quote the immortal BrickTop:

You are skating on thin ice, my pedigree chum; and I shall be under it when it breaks

WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Cheers all. I’ve migrated my Server 2003 lab to Server 2008 and also migrated Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange 2007 which kinda took me away from the 70-649 stuff but it was good to make a start on Exchange 2007.

I have a few migration projects on the go which involve Server 2008 so hopefully all the work I’ve put in to get up to speed with Server 2008 will make it slightly easier. That’s the plan anyways. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I'm deploying an array of 2008 TS servers and a TS Gateway on my work lab for a demo we are doing soon
    as well as some App-V services

Also doodling an AD/E-directory federation plan so that all the school districts in the state talk to the state Department of Education whenever account changes are made rather than duplicating effort, an interesting challenge to say the least

Updating to vCenter 2.5u4 so we finally have 2k8 deployment support
    been using WIM2VHD then converting it to VMDK up until now :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  9. Crito

Crito Banned

Isolating Windows Server 2003 and Vista so the NSA backdoors Microsoft put in can't do any (more) harm. Luckily Mandriva Powerpack comes with Sun VirtualBox so it's really easy... easier than installing VMWare actually, and it works fine with all AMD X2 processors too, unlike Hyper-V.
    http://www.mandriva.com/

WIP: none
  10. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I guess this would be an update... Today I am starting to migrate our current RightFax 8.7 server to 9.3 which is going to be the new SQL based server. The pervious version used it's proprietary database. So far I got the server up and running, imported the DB into SQL and now waiting to do some test. Hopefully everything goes ok!!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  11. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

In between studying for Network+ - I am trying to work around the few issues I have that stop me from migrating my work laptop to linux (openSUSE 11.1) permanently.

I unfortunately have to run IE7 due our back office system and haven't yet found a satisfactory way of doing it.

Although last night I finished setting up a living room PC for arcade/retro console fun on the telly :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  12. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am having a rest from studying for a while. Anyway I have a server to help build and I am attempting to cable up some switches without any help from IT. Just my crappy notes with what goes where references.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  13. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Reading about PowerShell.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  14. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I'll be going home in about 20 minutes- back to my N+ studies :)
    After that I might do a little shopping, I've been considering buying a new graphics card, and an external hard drive for when I eventually rebuild my system.

15. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

Im currenty doing Chapter 2 Lesson 2 of the 70-284 book. Will need to add an additional virtual drive to two of my VMs.

16. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Absolutely nothing unfortunately - I haven't even had time to read the forums for about 6 weeks - I'm well stuck into 2 OU courses and its pretty full on.

But, on the way home on the tube today, I did read my notes for Net+ - 2007 objectives, so I'd better do it before June. Well done to GBL on passing mate! :D

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  17. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Oooo, power shell, thats on my list. Which book are you reading? I was thinking about learning VBscript for windows admin but thinking it probably makes more sense to learn power shell.

Any recommendations on where to start, I didn't see any power shell for dummies/idiots/ the quite slow last time I had a browse on amazon.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  18. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Study, Tonight it will be group policy (again) :)

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  19. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

Tonight:

Finish the intial Sync of WSUS on server02 and kiss goodbye to being able to use my internet connection tonight!

Finish off chapter 2 of the mspress 70-284 book and the reinstall Exchange 2003. Hopefully i can get lesson 1 of chapter 3 out the way as well to get me going!

20. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Just seen this.

well, there was quite a lot about it on a course I went on recently for Exchange server 2k7...so it was mostly reading up on the notes that I made on PowerShell that were specific to that...and there is also stuff on Technet.
    As for books, please let me know if you find anything good as I would love to purchase a decent one!

Good luck!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE