What are people doing or studying tonight that is IT related?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by hippy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

I am currently building a fully patched up Windows 2003 EE Server in VM Workstation 6.5 and when finished will clone it four times.

Need to get this forum a bit more active

2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I've recently acquired a new iPod, and have spent the last two days hammering podcast downloads on iTunes.

I've acquired 59 episodes of the Technet videocast, and a series of videocasts by some chappies entitled 'IT idiots'. I watched their second episode this morning, which was on installing a DC. So I'm either going to watch a technet webcast on implementing virtualisation, or the next episode of IT idiots, which is entitled "DCs, sites and replication"

I've also got a full series on ITIL service management by Pink Elephant. So I may play those whilst playing online bingo. Or I may have them idling in the background as I complete a Uni assignment on Dr Faustus. We shall see :)

None of this of course relates to the 70-272 I'm sitting soon, which I have studied for the exact amount of zero. Long weekend coming up - any nuggety advice appreciated. lol.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Tinkering with an EPO upgrade on my home network in preparation for rolling it out at work. About as much fun as it sounds...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

O thats real fun and im guessing McAfee... Our ISP decided to block all the ports Symantec Liveupdate Administrator uses to dl updates today :rolleyes:

Currently got R2, SP2, rkit, support tools installed and about to dl every update from micrsoft... This is about as fun as it sounds :(

5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

hey hippy just sticking another log on the fire then studying 291 again, read a bit tinker with vm's (rinse repeat). Might crack open a hobgoblin later to help me study (honestly it does)!

Arroyn

it idiots podcasts were pretty good, I have not checked in with them for a while but I thought they explained things quite well. How are you getting on with the OU.

edit:
    Oh yea and considering buying a cheapo domain to use as a redirector for my blog/notes site thingy.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Updated WSUS to use SSL in my Lab.

Deployed some more User GPO's just to see what they do! Oh and it's time for a backup of my 4 x Servers and 2 x Clients before I start work on the 70-294.

Thinking about doing/adding the following to my lab for the 70-294:

- Creating a sub domain of my current domain. Using a different sub net, which has to go the parent domain for DHCP via RRAS.

- Creating a new domain and sub domain and linking these in a trust relations (as per a business take over) using a RRAS Server for routing.

- Anything else the 70-294 requires and that I have time for.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

It's not "tonight" here. It's the middle of the afternoon. About to go to a meeting on stuff I can't talk about in public (no, not pr0n).

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Arroryn

The IT idiots series does seem quite well delivered - nice and relaxed, easy to listen to.

The OU is good. Took a dip in motivation last week, mainly due to insane working hours and dropping my caffeine intake (1 mug a day, you listening UKD!)

But I was 2 weeks ahead anyway, so still on track for assignments :)

9. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

Hi Dales, i accidently deleted you from MSN :oops: you might of seen an add request before :oops:

Arroyn:

You like to keep busy!!!!! Not sure for the 70-272 i know in the 70.270 you needed to know the VPN client and automated install stuff quite well.

Dales:

Hope that 70-291 study is going well!!! Miss my lab!!

Craigie:

Sounds interesting!!! The DHCP over RAS I think i did in my 70-291 lab :(. Wish i didnt delete that lab now!!!!

Trip:

I do believe its mid day coffee time ;)

10. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Oh and I'm looking at buying one of those new Seagate Momentus 7200.4 500GB internal hard drives for my lappie.

But I cannot find anyone who has them in stock atm :(

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  11. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Tonight I will be (and have been) mostly studying: GROUP POLICY and GP specific to Vista .

800 new policy settings... Yikes!

And tomorrow night I will practice what I have learnt with my virtual lab.

(nice post BTW, nice to know your not the only one with head in the books)

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  12. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Reading my 70-649 notes, exam booked! :study

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  13. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Go Sparky, can you share with us when the big day is?

14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Well, not for THIS meeting, anyway. :twisted:

I'm finishing CCIE R&S items to meet a weekly deadline. If I get done in time, I'll be installing Office 2007 on my wife's laptop.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Friday morning. I've put a stack of work into this one as the 70-649 is a combo of three exams and my Server 2008 experience is limited in comparison to Server 2003.

Will just see how it goes on Friday. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  16. Arroryn

Good luck there Mr :)

17. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

.......... Still installing updates ..........

Vantage it is good to know some other people are working on things :)

GL Sparky *ive not even installed 2008 once yet* :cry:

18. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Right. Finished with that EPO shoite - NetApp sim install on a Ubuntu VM ftw...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  19. Arroryn

Wow. You're having a rocking evening. ...

20. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Know whatcha mean about the Windows 2008, I haven't installed it yet either :(

My plan for *World Domination* after I have finished my MCSE and CCNA are to rebuild my lab from scratch in VMWare ESX Server to learn how the basics of ESX work and just to refresh everything I have learned on the MCSE route.

Once that is done, it will be time to start on the Server 2008 stuff :ohmy