What annoys you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by JK2447, Sep 13, 2009.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Yea, move on mate. I was in the same position, now I work in a school, I am constantly exhausted and overworked, but I really enjoy it all. it's what I got into IT to do.

I am a bit of a misanthrope so everything annoys me;

When you get up to your hotel room and the key doesn't work.

Telephone systems (banks etc, I JUST WANT A ****ING HUMAN BEING)

Slow people that walk in front of you.

People who, like literally, in public, do not know how to present them selves at all.

People that constantly self pity like "Awwww, you deserve better" and im like "I DONT WANT BETTER, I WANT YOU BUT YOUR CONSTANTLY DEPRESSED" lol

Plans, not going to plan in a bad way.

and so on so on.

lazy people and people with no ambition, the "dunno" generation; "Why did you go to uni?" "Dunno" " why did you choose that course?" "dunno" "what do you think of being hammered with a pork sword?" "dunno"

You know the type haha/

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

At the moment?
    Alan Pardew
    People taking their shoes off in public places (like restaurants, buses etc)
    Western Digital
    People posting on Internet forums asking others to do their homework for them
    Acid Reflux

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Ha ha good shout

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. dave_gray2077

dave_gray2077 Bit Poster

- When you cant find the droids your looking for.

- USA

Im from the north east but iv never even heard of "WONGA!"?. we talking about the UK here?

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA, Fd Degree, BSC (hon).
    WIP: MCDST
  5. westernkings

The USA annoys you? :blink

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Or when you get a faulty R2 unit :rolleyes:

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Wonga is quite possibly the most irritating regional variant for the word 'money' I have EVER heard of.

And don't get me started about batches.....

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  8. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Nothing annoys me, I love everyone and everything. Makes the world a more interesting place to be.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  9. westernkings

What the hell did you just say? You're to cool for this party arroryn.

10. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Many of mine have already been listed but I do have one major one to list.

People who think that because they have just asked me for something trivial it should be top of my priority list and done in less than 4 minutes, normally when the state of my desk and visible stress level are high enough that it should be obvious that I'm busy. Worst offender being our Marketing manager who sends me an email and then immediately comes to talk to me about the email and then follows up about 10 minutes later.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  11. westernkings

Has you ever seen the film "Hitch"? where that guy is like "I'm a power man, I like power cars, power job, power results". I have this image that your marketing manage is like that lol. :D

12. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Hes actually quite possibly the most indecisive man you've ever met and he panics easily. He actually fits in well with the level of bureaucracy that seems to exist around here a lot of the time, a single image email flyer has to be signed off by about 10 people for instance.

His behaviour is based (apparently) on the idea that if he can make someone else make the decision then he won't have to, backed by a desperate desire not to expand his IT knowledge

13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Perhaps we should have just let the Germans have their way with you. :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. BosonMichael

- People who believe they're entitled to everything just because they exist
    - People who lie (including hypocrites)
    - People who refuse (or are simply unable) to use logic to discuss things
    - People who take no responsibility for themselves or their actions

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  15. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Need to add another one. Comments like 'we saved your ass in the war'. The Americans entering the war in Europe was one of a number of factors which helped bring about the defeat of the Nazis, not the only one.

16. BosonMichael

Never said it was the only one.

Please refer back to my "What annoys you" post regarding logic. Thanks.

17. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

The "we saved your ass in the war" thing does get a bit annoying. It was pretty much a done deal by that point

the Russians would have nailed it in the end anyways. I can see why it came up though.

Lets not lose sight of the fact that someone other than BM started it by blanket condemnation of the USA in a things that annoy me thread. Pretty silly and highly likely to heat things up. Tut tut

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  18. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

This whole thread has "inflammable" written all over it. I could say "HobNobs", and I'm virtually guaranteed to upset someone, and cause a ruckus.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  19. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

What annoys me?

Constipation! Grrr!

20. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I quoted your comment as it reminded me of the annoyance rather than because I actually thought you were one of the dense ones who actually believe it was the only factor (particularly annoying when stated by people who a) are not old enough to have actually been there and b) have never served a day in uniform in their lives so obviously not you BM :) ). Sorry for the confusion there, should have been clearer.