What a bunch of Fraudsters!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by UCHEEKYMONKEY, Jun 23, 2007.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

It's one thing to lie about who you are or what you did in your last job at the interview, it's not right, but it does happen!

But to bribe someone to take your driving test for them is going beyond the pale!

"Tens of thousands of people are paying fraudsters to sit their driving test for them, the" BBC has learned

How do they get around the photo ID? well the fraudsters change their appearence so they look like the person they are taking the test. They charge upto £500!

The DSA, which gathers evidence before handing it on to police, has run 1,200 investigations into the activity so far.

what is the poit of having a test if the candidate isn't going to take it? In fact why have a driving licence in the first place??

Surely it's therefore for safety?

What do you think?8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Added to that, according to a recent report, 1 in 20 drivers in the UK drive without cover (insurance). In the EU, only Greece has a worse record, while in Germany only 1 in 500 are without cover.

Is this any wonder why our insurance costs has increase? People driving without passing their tests and people driving without insurance. And when they get caught, what is the normal fine? A driving ban for a couple of months, lets face it that's not much of a deterrent.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's mad.

If you can drive a car well enough to... well... drive, then you should be able to pass the test.
    It makes no sense.

Unless of course the people paying for the service have no intention of driving and just want the license as a form of ID...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Im just curious, what steps have the Germans got in place that are preventing this happening there as much, and why are we not doing the same?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Just wondering if you guys heard about the plans to introduce a pyschometric test element to the driving test?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

That's a good point!

I think were too soft in this country with reagrds to crime :blink

7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Yes I heard it on the news the other day - stating it was to be tested for Bus drivers. Something to do with people not being themselevs when they do the test??? They behave different??:blink

8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Could be!?

My sister was told she coudn't have a current account because she need to prove her identity!

She's Had a savings account with them for 16 years, but the day she decided to change it to a current account they said NO!:x

When what type of ID they wanted they reply a gun licence, a valid UK passport or a driving licence. But she can't drive, doesn't own a gun and her passport has expired!

When she said what about my bank statement and a letter from the bank?

They said not acceptable as proof of ID!

OK she said what about birth certificate?

Not acceptable unless your under 18??

OK what about letter and wage slips from my employer and a gas bill?

Not accepatable.

What is accepatble a P60 or a letter from DHS that's less than 30 days old?

She said what about a p38 or p45?

Not accepatable they said and with that she walked out of the bank only problems is most banks have the same rules!

So she has applied for a driving licence even though she has no intention of driving she just needs it to open a bank account:blink

9. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Unreal, and these numpties do it for IT certs now aswell :ymca :x

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Good idea!

I think you should prove that you aren't an idiot before they let you drive a car.

And again before they let you have kids.

Nuts to human rights - there are some dangerous people out there!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  11. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

To go and have someone take your driving test for you is rediculous. This is the reason why accidents happen. I am pretty sure that everyone here had some sort of experience in traffic that made you question how in hell did the person get their drivers license.

This is just too much.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  12. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

What annoys me most about this is the way i get pulled over for a loud exhaust (which isnt one of the stupidly ear drum type just a standard can with a removable baffle bought quite legally for road use ) on my motorbike and a black visor, touch wood ive only listened to the officer rant for a few minutes and threaten to give me a ticket.Both in my opinion are safety features, you can hear me coming, i dont get blinded by the sun ( i dont wear the black visor in the dark, ever!)

I get pulled a good few times a month, but theres idiots that are illegally driving around on the roads with never being pulled.
    I know of a group of guys that havent past there bike tests or got insurance, there's 3 of them all under 19 right R1's and GSXR's , how do they get away with it? Cloned plates! They go find a bike same year , colour as theres, get the reg and then start a conversation with the owner when they "bump" into each other as the other is getting his helmet on and in conversation they get their name, Bingo there now mr so and so and riding on what the police system will show up a legal bike. Well that was untill somebody saw there number plate ride past them when they were on their bike, that kiddy couldnt ride to well for a while.

Sorry to get the subject changed there slightly just annoys me, and in the police eyes, we need more speed cameras! how do they make the roads safer, they just make twits that arent paying attention panic brake :twisted:

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  13. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

19 year old's with R1s, pfft typical
    probably robbed to boot :)

I'm still deciding if getting a bikr is the right choice, on London roads I have nothing but a strong fear of imminent death :D
    and with that many unlicensed (thus uninsured) punks on the road, it seems it could be more dangerous than expected!

ahh well you only live once I suppose

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  14. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Whats pfft??

Thats the best that could happen mate, you may just be jelly for life :eek: When i got my first bike a RVF 400 my mum said the muotherly wise words, if you hit something badly do a good job and kill yourself, id hate to see you living as a vegatable"

Cheers mum!

(no offence to the handcapped just quoting my mum)

my only advise is once you get one they are very hard not to keep owning, and the ridicously speeds they do when you first get on them feel scarily normal far to quickly! Thats why i like my Bandit 1200, more of a tourer with some poke but as its unfaired you can tell when you going quick, unlike the faired race bikes, i had a 600 ninja last year, couldnt feel the wind, no real sense of speed and they always make you feel you need to go faster, evil evil things lol

Sorry must study now :@)

15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sound it out... that's what it is... pffffffft.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

oooh lol :oops:

17. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Yeah im more built for a tourer than anything mate
    been looking at starting out small and doing my CBT and getting a Varadero 125, should do me for the commute to work :)
    big enough to see over traffic, lighter on the clutch than a cruiser (love cruisers) and high enough that i dont look like a **** on it

The Deuville 600 is another nice bike I think, (bit of a honda fan as you can tell)

18. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Really cant go wrong with Honda mate :biggrin

19. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

A Gilera Cougar 125 is also nice. That was the bike I bought in 2001 after I passed my CBT.

Six weeks into it and some idiot ran me off the road. Classic hit and run. The guy hit me from behind and I careened into some iron railings next to Neasden tube station. I hit the road pretty hard and did my back in. The bike, though badly damaged, still could be repaired. But at that stage, I didn't want to know anymore. Still got the helmet and the gear, but my biking days are over for good.

I still have some fond memories of that bike though, even if I only rode it for six weeks.

[​IMG]

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  20. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

It's a shame it happened so early in your biking career
    most the bikers I know have had their fair share of tumbles and impacts, I know a few with metal pins at least somewhere in their body (including a few in a spine) but they wouldn't stop riding for the world :)

I saw a road legal quad bike in Germany, that would be cool too! :)