We've had "What did you do before you worked in IT?"...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Sep 20, 2008.

1. GrumbleDook

GrumbleDook Byte Poster

If my knee hadn't packed in ... Coach / martial arts instructor would be my second choice ...

Special Needs playschemes ... I still wish I had the time to go back to it and I probably will at some point when I am comfortable enough to take a year out without pay.

2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Id like to run a pub (or a chain of rock pubs)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Some who know me may say photography, but I would say that I'm not sure what type - action/sport, model, etc. so would probably leave it as a hobby.

I would love to do political law - ie, the people behind actually writing the laws - not be the actual politican.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Sounds pretty good! Before my Daughter was born, I used to work as the person who collected money on the door at a couple of Rock nights in a pub and a club near to me. I got paid in beer, so had to work a day job as well, and I loved it.

If I didn't have to work for a living, I'd go back to this if I could (When the kiddie is a bit older), but get more involved with the whole organisation of bands, DJ's etc.

Other than that, If I wasn't working in IT, I'd love to work with children with learning difficulties. My teenage brother has Dyspraxia, and I'd like to further research the positive effects of technology on his behavioral and educational skills.

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing