Well hello there

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by RosyB, Jun 30, 2009.

1. RosyB

RosyB New Member

Just found you all today and have spent the last couple of hours trawling through loads of posts. Like many on here, I've come to a crossroads and am trying to decide which way to go. I've been looking at various IT training courses and talked to a couple of salespeople and also looked on loads of websites, before finding my way here. Now I'm completely confused :eek:
    I'd more or less made my mind up to go with NITLC, purely on the fact that Advent were more expensive and their training centre is harder to get to from where I am. Now I see that self-learning seems to be the preferred method but I'm not sure if I can go it alone. I appreciate that people on here are very generous with their expertise and advice, but as it's been a long time since I did any form of studying (I'm getting on a bit), I don't know if I have the self-discipline and confidence to do this without at least some form of "classroom" environment, even if only on an occasional basis. I know what I want to achieve and what I have to do to get there, it's picking the right way to do it that is my stumbling block at the moment.

2. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Hi Rosy, welcome to the forums. You are not alone in being confused about studying styles, paths and exam choices, but that is what we are all here for.

What is your goal with the study? Also if you learn better in a class room type environment have you looked at your local colleges as they may offer the courses you want, at a cheaper price and without the over night stays.

Good Luck

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi RosyB & welcome to CF:D

What subject are you looking to study for?

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA