well hello there, going to do my MCDST

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by buy_my_cookies, Jul 3, 2008.

1. buy_my_cookies

buy_my_cookies Bit Poster

Hi all,

names Ray, first i would like to say that from what ive seen so far this is an amazing community you have here with a wealth of knowledge available, so my congratulations go out to you all. i hope that one day i will be able to contribute to that knowledge and help others as you all do.

now im finished with that a little about me.

I have a btec national diploma in computing from my local collage, and now i have decided to try and achieve MCDST status via self study in the hope of becoming more employable and get my first real IT job (even if it is just 1st line user support we all start some where). I work with computers atm but its more of a clerical role, end user type of thing.

i have just got the microsoft press books for both the exams (a little shocked at the size of them), they arrived today so i will start to work my way thur them.

sorry for the long intro just wanted to say hi and explain why im here.

thanks,

ray.

Certifications: BTEC national diploma in computing.
    WIP: N+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Good choice on the MCDST but you could also consider compTIA A+ and N+ before the MCDST they are all entry level certs so should be good to have on your CV.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF, Dont be put off by the size of the books, you'll be half way through them before you know it! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. buy_my_cookies

buy_my_cookies Bit Poster

thanks for the kind welcomes,

craigie, i had a look at your post very usefull thank you,

dont worry not put of at all by the size of the books, been out today at lunch time and got myself some stationary etc to study hard!!!

also put together a cheap computer to work on, just an old socket A machine got the parts from ebay so nice and cheap :)

Certifications: BTEC national diploma in computing.
    WIP: N+