Well f***** p**** off!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Amine, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

[rant]
    I am setting here working my ass off trying to get my head around the GP chapter for the 70-292 upgrade exam and I get a phone call from a guy that I know…..he has just passed the CCSP today in half an hour and passed the CCNA last week ! how ? by cheating ..!!!!
    THANK YOU testking and the like for making my certifications useless and pointless!
    :dry :dry :dry :dry

[/rant]

On a good note I have secured an interview with the local council next Friday …wish me luck!

WIP: Exchange
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Sorry to hear about your "friend", however the good news is that one day he will be found out :)

Anyway, good luck with your interview next week :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: PGDip Cyber Security
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luck with the interview.

Unfortuantley there are people who cheat to get on in life and there are people who dont.

There are people who pirate movies and people who dont.

There are people who drive cars with no tax and insurance

Yes finding out someone has passed an exam really quickly because of brain dumps whilst you are studying properly for the exam should piss you off but its one of those things where it'll never get stopped.

We all must learn to live with the fact.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

the guy has never touched a PIX firewall now he is certified ! f***** joke !

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Like Ken says One day something will happen where he should be able to sort it and cant because he is a cheat.

It could be next week could be newxt year who knows but it will happen

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

how did he cheat ?

surely he'll fail at the interview ?

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  7. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

using braindumps .....

8. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

thats just false economy

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  9. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Well it is a shame, but its important to point out that any exam system is flawed. The real importance is what you learned and if you can apply it. Thats why everyone keeps mentioning getting a job and building experience, fortunately/unfortunately agencies and employers are very distrusting these days, they don't put much value on GCSE's, Degrees, Experience, Certs or anything, I have had many disscussions recently with agents, you just have to use everything you can to convince them.

I've had people ask about my A-level results as if the last thirteen years experience meant nothing! I've had agents requesting references BEFORE an interview, something normally I'd never condone. When I tell them I'm an expert in a technology they immediately assume I'm lying...
    Its a sad fact of the market, I guess they must get some dubious candidates that ruin it for the rest of us...:dry

10. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

and that's exactly why I am Pee..off ....they are just making hard for honest hard working people like you and me!

I bet money that this guy will get a helpdesk job in the next couple of months ! :dry

11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Even if this guy manages to bs his way through an interview, he won't last a week in a real production environment (if that). Unfortunately, that will go a long way to telling the world that certifications are useless.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  12. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

He'll definiteley be found out and will eng up mugging himself in the long run..

I think employers are a lot more interested in experience as well as certification.. there's no point learning the subject if you've never applied it.. (demonstrated by the battle I'm having with my work to buy vouchers as the management worry we'll not apply the knowledge.. even though we do the work every day.. ho hum!)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  13. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Lets just hope he doesn't manage to survive long enough to side step into management, seems to be what most people do when they get caught out...:dry

14. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

GODAMMIT!!! I've been rumbled!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

This is dead-on accurate.

Plus, if he's just NOW going after a helpdesk job... if he doesn't have any experience, an employer with any sense is gonna look at his resume and just laaaaugh... because the truth will be evident.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

This is too much, but like its been said, when he starts doing the job people are going to find out what he really knows.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  17. delboy

delboy Bit Poster

If he gets the job as a result of certs that were obtianed through cheating then as far as he is concerned he is sorted!

He's on the ladder as far as he;s concerned. He can get the experience through colleagues etc. He may have cheated but im sure he remembers certain parts of what he cheated on.

So when he see something similar to what he cheated on as a real life work experience he is going think "oh yeh i remember this bit when I was going though the braindumps, lets look into this further properly now, it looks really interesting!"

Theres two ways to do it. The easy way and the hard way. The easy way potentially lets you get on the ladder a bit earlier than the hard way.

If you do it the hard way and still havent got any real life experience then you are still gonna start at the same level as someone who got in the easy way.

You both still have to build up you real life experiences and you aint gonna get that by simply reading the books.