Well Done England!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zimbo, Jul 1, 2006.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i dont know about you but im proud of those guys. It was their best performance under Sven in a compitition and they played their hearts out. Its just sad to see the portuguese contiune cheating like that.. thats twice and knowone is doing anything.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

They should of allowed that penalty goal! Just because portugal wasn't ready! :(

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

and sending off Rooney...someone please tell me what was the Ref on?!?!?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  4. Duckie

Duckie Nibble Poster

I can't believe the Ref did nothing about Portugal's frequent dives. And did anyone notice Ronaldo's wink after Rooney was sent off?

Thought England gave it their best shot, good on them.

Certifications: MCDST, MOS 2003
  5. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

HAHAHA!!!!!! YAY PORTUGAL!! :twisted:

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  6. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Well don england, shame about PORTUGAL. If ever a team has cheated it is now!!!!!! Typical a ref that is argentininan sends off an english player twice in the last 2 world cups!!!!! Ridiculous.

Well done portugal, not through on penalties. But through by cheating!!!! Hope your proud of yourselves. Proved yourselves with the best cheaters in football. GERMANY AND ARGENTINA(is the ref argentininan). Thought so.

Carragher penalty..... FINE. Reason for disalouwance, The scorer was english. Any portugeuse reading this, you should be ashamed of you country. Cheating gest you nowhere.

Hope you get knoked out 4-0. I hate cheaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

a back hander :tune

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

England need a few more better players to win the world cup to me, maybe 2 or 3 world class players. Maybe next time. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Shame Beckham went off after 5 minutes in to the second half....
    It seemed a game of *injuries* to me... :biggrin

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

its like i said here on cf.. get rid of beckham and let lennon do the magic.. play the liverpool players in their proper positions and instead of walcott take defoe! little mistakes but hey sven isnt boethered... he made 5 million a year for 5 years! :rolleyes:

11. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

OK, as a Scottish Admin of the site, I can imagine the pain our English Members must feel tonight after the result of the Portugal game, but I have just come on to the boards and immediately had to remove 3 posts from this thread by one member who seems to feel that by spamming accusations of cheating will help resolve the situation. Please do not use this forum to vent your personal anger against another team on an issue that is un-related to what CertForums is all about.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  12. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Or just cheat like the other countries do in the world cup, as was said after the game, we are far too honest.

No one is still sure why Rooney got sent off, some said for kicking the portuguese player in the googlies, the referee didn't even see that, all he saw was the push. So in comes the little cheater Ronaldo and that wink sums it all up.

I wouldn't like to be in the Man U dressing room at the start of the new season.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  13. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Appologies for my outbursts last night. It was a drunken thing.

Anyway, it always seems to be the same case with england in world cups. A player goes home early injured, they get to the quarter finals, they get a man sent off. And then get knocked out. But to lose on penalties is very harsh. Especially after all that hard work defensively.

Euro 2008 is a winner for england i have no doubt. Players will be more experienced. Aaron Lennon on the right wing is a must, as soon as he came on last night the portugeuse did not know how to handle him. Hes quick, witty, not afraid to take players on(even at top level).

The rooney situation, very harsh. I have seen a statement on Telly from Ronaldo today...... ''I did not tell the ref to book Rooney, I was merely explaining that it was a foul''.

Fair enough Ronaldo, But answer me this.... ''How could you have been explaining to the ref it was a foul when it was your players fouling Rooney?'' This makes no sense whatsoever.
    Also he has stated that he may wish to move to Real Madrid. Good riddence.

Craig

14. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Beckham has stood down as captain.. i hope gerrard takes over.. gary is too old (not around for Euro 08) and terry isnt consistent for england...becks should just gracefully disappear and lennon should come in... i hope mclaren sees the future now and not looking at the old guys to come through... crouch should be respected and given his chance with rooney as for owen well i think he isnt england number one anymore and people should accept that.Thats why i wish scolari came in... he WILL drop players who dont play... i mean lampard did very little and still played on front of gerrard... gerrard is given one chance and look what he did even if he was tired...

15. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

This could be a lengthy debate regarding captaincy. Certain players in the running are obviously.. Terry, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Lampard.
    I think most of us know however it is between only 2 players....

Terry: Commanding at the back, no nonsence player.

Gerrard: Strong midfielder, 4 of him across midfield and we would be unstoppable.

Terry will be the next captain. I have no doubt about that.

16. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I have always said it should be Terry as the next captain...look at the way he is with Chelsea...two Premiership wins back to back and he's been one of the major success stories...yes Gerrard is a candidate too but, for me it will always be Terry...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  17. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Guys, lets get some perspective. Portugal have behaved disgracfully throughout the tournament admittidley, but we shouldn't have even been in the quarter finals the way we have played. Rooney deserved to go, he stamped on a guy's nads for crying out loud! The manager has made some appalling tactical decisions and, apart from maybe three players, none of the squad played like they even wanted to win. Look at the perfomance's by some of the "lesser" teams, Australia for example, they put in more quality performances than we did, they deserved to go further than they did. The only reason England even made it to penalties against Portuagal was that they played just as bad as us. If we got through do we think we would have gone all the way? We might have had a chance against Italy, but look at the way Germany are playing, they've scored more goals than we've had shots. France last night were sublime, they p1ssed all over Brazil and that's no mean feat when you look at the Brazillian team. France were lucky to win the 1998 final, but last night's victory was totally deserved.

Sure, it hurts. It really does. But unlucky? Good performance? Yeah, we held on with ten men, but the last time we played well was the first half of our first game against Paraguay. Since then it was only a matter of time before we came crashing out.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  18. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Pretty fair post there Baba and I think you could apply it to a lot of the big name teams this year. There seems to have been a lot of lacklustre performances from the big names and some very good ones from the newer teams in the competition.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  19. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well i dont really think we can say well done England, come one we should be in them semis, and i must admit thateven as a liverpool supporter , i think rooney should of still been on the pitch. As for subs, lampard should of gone off, he was pants through the whole tournament. Does anyone remeber seeing ronaldo butting rooney as well , io think it was at the start of the second half, but rooney just didnt react at all

As for his sending off, do ytou not think the ref should of blown the whistle for the pulling of his shirt and the kicking of his ankles before he got his marching orders. I actually thought that england played a lot better with 10 men and when crouch came on he did very well. Im also excited about arron lennon, i think hes exciting and has no fear, why he wasnt on earlier is beyond me

Now that svens gone what does every one think about maclaren, i think he could end up like graham taylor and that were going to go further back before we go forward.

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  20. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i agree with all the player comments but backwards no.. who do you think ran the world cup? sven? its was mclearen.. and england have too many good people in mangement for it to fail...