Weird situation

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Sep 14, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well i never thought id be asking advice on this ever lol

My landlady has beentaken to the cleaners by the sounds of it. The people who are moving out of her house tomorrow are 10 weeks behind with the rent. Now she shouldnt have even let them get that far but what rights has she got can she take some of their belingings

Ive just found my contract which im sure will be the same as theirs

8 Declarartions

8.1 any part of the rent is outstading for 28 days

then the landlord may re enter the room and upon such re entry the term shall absolutely determine but without predjudice to any claim which the landlord may have against the tenant in the respect of any antecedent breach of any covenant or other term of this aggreement.

would anyonw know that that last bit, could that be read so the landlady can get some possesions from these people??

Any ideas folks

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

In short. No! It doesnt matter whats in the contract. If she wanted repayment (even possessions) she would need to go through the courts.

Hell, even forcibly ejecting someone can be a nightmare through the legal system (especially in Scotland)

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present