weird exam set up for MCITP: Enterprise Administrator

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Richie1888, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

does anyone else think its a bit funny that to become a MCITP: Enterprise Administrator you dont sit the server 2008 exam ?

For the Enterprise Administrator

Exam 70-640

Exam 70-642

Exam 70-643

plus either

Exam 70-620

or

Exam 70-6241

or

Exam 70-680

and

Exam 70-647

and for the server admin its

Exam 70-640

Exam 70-642

Exam 70-646

I find it a bit wierd to become an enterprise admin you dont have to pass the server 2008 exam what they seem to have is Exam 70-643 (which I like the look of ) as one of the core exams

Certifications: See Sig
    WIP: Security+
  2. EZE Training Instr

EZE Training Instr Bit Poster

I agree this is very strange. After questioning Microsoft on this matter last time I was in Reading with the training team we came to the conclusion after looking at the course outlines that everything was covered in the courses leading to the MCITP Ent Admin certification and therefore would be pointless in adding another 5 days training just to repeat what would already have been learnt.

Don't worry your not the only one who has asked that question.

Regards

Carl Bunce
    Senior Microsoft Instructor

Certifications: MCT, MCITP, MCTS, VCI, VCP, CCNA, CCNP
  3. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

i fancied getting the server admin first but im know things I should just move towards the enterprise admin.

do you think this is a better option ?

4. EZE Training Instr

EZE Training Instr Bit Poster

Honestly? I think Server Admin is sufficient for 99% of employers. I would then move onto something like Exchange/SharePoint or CCNA certification.

Certifications: MCT, MCITP, MCTS, VCI, VCP, CCNA, CCNP
  5. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

cheers mate I might get the server admin then exchange 2010 then try to finish the ccnp

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To be honest, unless you're going to be designing AD environments, the MCITP: SA is the one to go for.

The MCITP: SA and the MCITP: EA both sit at the same level, they are geared up towards the job role, unlike the MCSA/MCSE where the MCSA was a lower qualification than the MCSE.

And as for...

No, not really... The new MCITP route of exams are job specific, like I said the EA is more geared towards the design phase, but the SA is geared towards the administration of the system.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

thanks for the advice guys MCITP in SA here I come

8. dennylutz80

dennylutz80 New Member

I agree there

9. NeedMoreSleep

NeedMoreSleep Bit Poster

That's a very good point you've mentioned above, I've always thought that MCSA = MCITP:SA and MCSE = MCITP:EA. In that case I might have another look at my cert path, get my MCITP:SA and look in to Exchange or TMG and if I still want more certs look at doing the 3 extra exams and getting the MCITP:EA.

Certifications: MCSA+Messaging
    WIP: MCITP:Enterprise Admin