Wee! my first interview for my first ICT job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by AvD, Mar 27, 2008.

1. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

Last night was possibly the best night i could have imagined.

i got a call from a mate stating that there is a high possiblity we could get a 2 bed house with a basement in town for under £400 a month.

then i get a call from the local government stating i've been short listed for interview for hte 4th of april. the post is ICT Helpdesk Support Technician. my first ict interview :oD i already work for the local government its not a payraise its the same pay grade but it puts me on the ladder if i can get it.

and to top the night off, i got lucky with a housemate who i've been flirting with like mad, shes comming back tonight : oD

WIP: A+, MCAD
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on all 3, let us know how you get on :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

... with the first two... :oops:

4. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

HaHa, yeah i'll deffinatly let you know how the first two go. the third all i can say is *unholy* the devil resides in those sheets :twisted:

today is good too well currently the sun is shining into my office :D

5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

LOL... well, just make sure the halo that currently sits above your head doesn't slip and strangle you... :twisted:

6. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Sounds like the stars were lined up properly for you yesterday. Should’ve played the lottery too. :)

7. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

Now that would have been a good idea, i might have stood a chance for once.

why didn't i think of that...?i blame women because they are distracting:(

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Good luck! I hope you didn't use up ALL your good fortune on one night! :D hah!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

i hope so too, i would love to get that job the only benefit from this job is the free time. i have alot of it to study with. infact i am bored out of my mind right now.

that and tonight i'm putting the lottery on might win on saturday instead. never know :biggrin

10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luck :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. samsdad

samsdad Bit Poster

GOOD LUCK WITH THE JOB M8...AND THE GIRL...:D

WIP: A+ and Househusband.
  12. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Congratulations 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  13. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

The girl part is going great, now getting cuddles and kisses without commitment which is what i think we both need.

The job, i got the paper work through, with a really crap map. But the job title has changed which made me laugh as i saw a topic on here about this new buzzword. no longer am i applying for "ICT Helpdesk Support Technician" instead its now "Trainee Helpdesk Analyst" on the upside though usually when you loose the trainee title you get a pay increase, so that will be nice if i can get it.

the interview is this friday at 9:15am, so think of me and cross those fingers, toes, and every other part of you!!!! :twisted:

14. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good luck on all three. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  15. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

Luck will be on my side, well that is if you all cross everything and i mean everything, get those nipples crossed fellas!

otherwise i have a car battery and some clamps, catch my drift :twisted:

16. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

Well here i am back at work, i arrived 25 mins early, i didn't mean to but i had never been to this part of the town before.

the interview itself went ok, few questions i couldn't answer but nothing intense. i feel i could have done better, but now is the waiting game, i'll know by today or monday whether or not i got the position, i personally haven't got my hopes up but i think it all went well for my second ever interview :oD

and the girl part is going good! except shes getting a damn python *scary*

17. AvD

AvD Nibble Poster

Well i hadn't heard anything which to me was saying that i hadn't got it due to the speed i was contacted for this job.

and i was correct, i chased him up, due to working in the local government i have access to everyones email address so a quick email and boom i get my response, whoever got it had more experience and qualifications.

he did give me advice on what i need to get to stand a better chance next time and its nothing more than what i am going for now anyway.

but each interview is experience, Experience well learnt!

now to study get certs and wait for the next and possibly get a weekend job working in some charity to get some experience.