Website maintenance (wordpress)

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by GenericEric, Oct 20, 2016.

1. GenericEric

GenericEric New Member

Hi All,

I have been tasked at my new job to maintain a wordpress website and improve the SEO. my knowledge of CMS's is limited, i have played around with joomla in the past but that was over 5 years ago now. never for a live, business website.

I would like to gain a cert and/or do some training to improve my knowledge (from scratch basically) and make myself more employable if my contract ends here.

The maintenance of the site will not be my main role. i work in sales but the website is now my responsibility. i am limited maybe one hour per day before the phone starts ringing and when i am at home. it is not a large site but i would like to learn as much as i can.

i had planned on starting my comptia a+ next year as ive been putting it off for a long time. so i would like to obtain a cert to prove my competence.

can anyone recommend an online course or certificate that will help me achieve my goals?

i must admit, im petrified to doing anything at the moment in case i do anything wrong.

hope someone can point me in the right direction.