Resolved Web sites changing languages automatically

Discussion in 'Software' started by Haroon Mustafa, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Haroon Mustafa

Haroon Mustafa Byte Poster

Hello,

This might be straightforward and it's just something I have missed.

However, a client is using our Intranet page and seems to have the text in Arabic. It's supposed to be English like everybody else's.

It is not just on our intranet, it's happening to random websites at a time.

I have double checked if any additional language packs have been installed. That's all fine.
    I noticed it was only happening on IE and not on Google Chrome.
    I did re install IE. However, the problem remains.

Does anyone have any pointers!?

Haroon.

Certifications: Cisco IT Essens - Various College Btech Certs
    WIP: Study CCNA 1 / apprentice at Level 2 Stage
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

What was the original Locale setting for the OS, bearing in mind that IE is tied to the OS whereas Google Chrome and FireFox aren't you may find that it's pulling the language from the Locale or perhaps any GPO settings (again Chrome and FF aren't affected by GPO settings).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Haroon Mustafa

Haroon Mustafa Byte Poster

Good to know! I figured the issue out. There was a Google toolbar attached to IE. By default we don't have toolbars and such. So I decided to remove it as it's our policy, if you will. Then it turned out toolbar was causing the problem. Not sure how, but it's all good now!

Certifications: Cisco IT Essens - Various College Btech Certs
    WIP: Study CCNA 1 / apprentice at Level 2 Stage