Web site design tools

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by MickyBobs, Aug 29, 2008.

1. MickyBobs

MickyBobs Nibble Poster

Hi everyone, just a curious thought, with all these design tools like Dreamweaver, gimp etc frontpage, what kind of threat do they pose to people like meself, whos currently studyin:eek:g the Web design managers course.

If any threat, is there more in what im learning that dispells all these applications, and there is a call for my eventual talents, cause i hope its not killing the market.

Maybe im worrying to much, but if not then whoever creates these should be arrested.

WIP: Hoping to gain
  2. AArcher

AArcher Nibble Poster

Hi
    I have dabbled with some of these programs but I shouldn't worry as you still need to have some knowledge to work them. It does mean that there are self taught people out there designing websites but they are never going to be 100% unless they study into web design. With so many web designers etc out there just make sure you stand out from the rest!

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA 2006 A+
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Put it like this: Excel allows you to manage your accounts. So does MS Money. Yet there are still accountants around, arent there?

There is a world of difference between averages joe using a WYSIWYG interface to create a basic web page, and a professional building a high quality website/web application.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present