Web Hosting & DNS Management

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by madman045, Apr 22, 2007.

1. madman045

madman045 Kilobyte Poster

Im wondering if anyone here has experience with 123reg and webfusion?

Currently have a domain registered with 123reg and have bought a virtual server with web fusion, but for what ever reason, cannot get the DNS & Name Server management correct on 123reg

Has anyone set this up before?

The domain is setup on the virtual server and its dns management is set up as it was before with the previous provider, basically i want it to handle the domains dns management, so what do i need to change/remove on the 123reg side for it to work?

Thanks

Andy

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, PRINCE2 Foundation, VCA-DCV & VCA-DT
    WIP: MCSA 2008, VCP5-DCV, ITIL V3
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

*BUMP* :unsure

3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Some clients I support have their domains hosted with 123-reg so Ive used the web interface before.

I think you need to transfer the domain from your existing provider (check what the procedure is) and then the name server will then be the 123-reg servers.

After the changes have been replicated you will then be able to change A records and MX records for your domain in the web interface as the 123-reg name server is now authorative for your domain.

Which company hosts your domain just now?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Well I did my mail server through 123reg and all I did was to add the mx record to the IP address list. I guess in your case you just need to change the www ip address to point at your server and wait for that to propergate.

I may be wrong with this next bit but as the name is hosted by 123reg they will also own the DNS entries for the domain on their servers, so you always need to use the 123reg DNS

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong