Web Development Courses

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by pamela87, Sep 6, 2013.

1. pamela87

pamela87 New Member

Hi All,

Looking for some advice. Last year I started a HNC in computing in the evenings.

In my job I got the opportunity to move to the Software company as a Junior Web Developer.

I am currently shadowing my colleagues to learn but I want to do more to increase my knowledge.

I am doing the second year of my HNC.

I can only do night courses as I cant afford to not work but was wondering what my best route for progression would be. I would ideally like to get a degree but I am considering doing Microsoft exams in the meantime to increase my knowledge.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pamela

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hi Im currently interested in doing web dev but Im focusing more on networking and maintenance.. so what I plan to do is learn web dev on the side. what you could do is take the Microsoft 70-480 exam (I think thats the right one). You could Print out an exam brief and bring it into work and ask if they could offer assistance. Or you could just try to learn it yourself.. theres alot of online sites to help, I do recommend codecademy.com as its very lab based, and free. also try sites like edx, udacity and cousera free legit online courses, you even get a cert in some of them. FREE