1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web design certs

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by Angus, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Angus

Angus Nibble Poster

I have been doing a course on MCSE for the last year or so, but have decided I might prefer to do something in webdesign. I have built a couple of sites and have another four to do.

Does anyone know of what kind of qualifications there are out there or what are exams like ?

I have been using Dreamweaver MX and have also done a bit in HTML. Recently I have tried Fireworks to do a few basic things,buttons, banners and the likes. So far I have just been using tutorials from the net, but would like to do more about proper courses.

Any info would be great.

AJ

Certifications: A+ , MCP
  2. SimonV

SimonV Petabyte Poster Administrator

Must have missed this post before angus. Not sure about a cert for web design. I know that macromedia do have a certification program but not sure of providers in the UK. LINK TO MACROMEDIA SITE

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

The training provider I'm with have a course for the Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW).

I spoke to a fellow student who had changed from MCSE to CIW because he wanted to do more with websites, same predicament as you, so it might be worth looking at.

I found this link http://www.itdistancelearning.co.uk/ciw.htm which has a list of the exams needed.

4. Angus

Angus Nibble Poster

Thanks for that Si and Flex, i will have a look through them .

Cheers

Angus

Certifications: A+ , MCP