1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WavePad sound editor - freeware

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jakamoko, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey :)

In the past, a few of us have discussed sound editing software, and today I just found a complete doozy !! Freeware, unlimited, and can edit and convert a multitude of formats, and rip from and burn to disk as well. This thing is just an utter gem - and so easy to use right from the start.

WavePad from NCH SwiftSound.

Enjoy 8)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Nice find! I'm often asked about recording software - I'll add this one to the list.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

interesting. for now i'll stick to audacity, which suits my purposes just fine, but i'll definitely bookmark this one. good find.

4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

A friend of mine raves over Audacity! I really must give it a go.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

This is turning out more productive than I thought. OK, I have now downloaded Audacity and having used WavePad for a good while earlier today, I will rerun the same project and report back. Nice one, d.

6. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Audacity has the advantage that even a total idiot can use it. I'm not a sound junky (I love music, but I've never come at it from a techy perspective) and time and again I've found sound editing applications beyond me as they are too complicated.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Well, I just spent half an hour on the same project with Audacity, and while there may be more features deeper in, I have to say that I find WavePad easier to work with, for example being able to manually wind back and forward through a track using cursor keys. Maybe familiarity, I don't know, but I had most of what I wanted to do done by this time and I don't even know where to start with Audacity - switched back already . :)

Plus WavePad has prettier colours too :tongue

8. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Gav, see my comment about idiots :tongue.

Just kidding, :D maybe I'll give WavePad a go next time I need to do some sound editing.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Damn - I thought I had worded my reply to compliment your comments on being idiot-proof, and that WavePad was even simpler. Seems I just landed myself in it !! :rolleyes:

:wink: