Watchmen

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Cockles, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Anyone seen this yet? Any opinions?

Went and saw it on th eopening night. Thought it was bloody amazing, although so long impossible not to run to the toilet at one point. :D

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Really really want to go and see it, but it's been getting some pretty harsh reviews which worries me.

Still... I think it's worth a trip to Star City's Gold Class :p

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  4. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

I've heard a lot of people whinge because it wasn't exactly like the GN. But what is?

For me, this was the most faithful adaptation I have seen, and the way they brought the characters to screen - especialyl Rorscharch - was amazing

5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

apart from the ending it was pretty much frame for frame the same as the novel (apparently, never read it all, my friends a watchmen nut though)

Saw it at Imax last Friday, was very impressed with it! :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

I read it about 15 years ago, so can't remember it too well, but the parts I do remember were literally lframe for frame and in some cases word for word.

True, the ending is different, but for the purposes of a movie, I thought it was probably wise to go the way they did.

I was impressed about the fact they did make it a very dark (and pretty damn violent!) movie, they didn't brak away from the bleakness of the GN.

7. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

The best part is when Rorschach is keeping score.:D

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE