Watchguard Certs

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Richie1888, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

Hi Guys

Ive recently been told im going to be taking part in a Watchguard Firewall Cert Course. Just thought id ask has anyone done this before and have an experience of it.

Its a 2 day course then an assessment the next week.

Cheers

Richie

Certifications: See Sig
    WIP: Security+
  2. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

I managed our watchguard when we had it, wasn't aware of there being any certs out for it but now I shall look into it.
    Do you deal with watchguards then?

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Not done it myself but chances are it will be an online test and then you get access to level two support etc. as you are certified. Always good to get out of the office for a few days and mess around with some firewalls. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I was a Watchguard Partner and they laid on a bespoke course for myself and a colleague. They crammed a 4 day course into about 5 hrs - very intense !

Having said that, it was excellent.

Your course may not be direct with Watchguard - could be a Training Partner. Certs only relate to their equipment and, perhaps, better know in the USA than UK.

Good luck !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. Richie1888

Richie1888 Byte Poster

its a 2 day course on watchguards firewalls is all im told seems to be costing a few bob aswell

looks like our company doesnt want to rely on third partys anymore

Certifications: See Sig
    WIP: Security+