Watch out for CertGuaranteed sample question sheets!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by DelSutton, Dec 12, 2013.

1. DelSutton

DelSutton New Member

I am in the final stages of my prep for 98-365 Windows Server Administration Fundamental, so i decided to buy some sample questions to test myself to see if i need to brush up on any areas. I am new to Microsoft certification and wanted a good pretest exam but i am also low on funds, and CertGuaran​teed were cheap, but unfortunately you get what you pay for.
    After sitting the questions in my own little mock exam i started to check how i scored and started to find i had made some incorrect answers :( Disappointing to say the least. Upon review i realized that at least 2 of the questions had the wrong given solution and 2 of them had the questions asked incorrectly resulting in wrong answers by me, to be sure i went though my Wiley course book and went through the microsoft website and found they were indeed incorrect. So i contacted CertGuaranteed, i presented my concerns and links to the information i had found showing their mistakes. I asked for a refund as i felt i then needed to go over all the other questions and double check. I was told very bluntly that the answers they had given were correct and that i could sit the exam with my own information and refunds were not their policy and the conversation ended. The no refund was a bit annoying but the fact they were not interested in correcting possible mistakes was shocking.

So, what have i learned?

Don't be cheap when it comes to buying sample exams!

2. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

I think they might be a dump site, but Cert Guard is down at the moment

3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

It certainly looks like a dump site.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. DelSutton

DelSutton New Member

New to all this, whats a dump site?

5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Braindumps are actual exam questions, stolen from exam centers. It's very much against the rules and devalues the industry. Being found using dumps could get you decertified. And then there's the fact that you don't learn anything by just using dumps...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA