Wasting time at work? You're not alone

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Jul 26, 2007.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Never mind that online surveys are not scientifically significant, how does this compare with all of you in the UK (or anywhere else)?

The entire story is at Yahoo.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Used to spend all day on CF.

Got loads on now.

What does that tell you.:tune

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I think those stats are probably lower than what they will really be.

I also think everyone tries to blag a few minutes or even longer every day when they are at work.

I am at work whilst writing this, I actually dont have much to do tonight but have to be here in case the press crew need me to output extra plates.

I plan on getting through chapter 12 and 13 of the A+ all in one guide tonight.

I have read your book now Trip but will be refering back to it after I have finished the A+ book.

The problem with people working attitudes is not many people I know enjoy their jobs I hate mine but have no option untill I can afford to move away from the area I am in as the jobs round here are mainly low paid manufacturing jobs.

Also people do work hard no matter what type of job they do and get paid crap for it, so people think I am entitled to a few minutes each day for me because I dont feel apreciated by the boss.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more than that. Glancing through the URLs in the firewall log (for any network I support) the ‘top 10’ urls are generally not work related. The usual suspects (youtube and bebo) are always there! :dry

Edit: Dont get me started on people who waste time on email either....

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I'm not wasting time...

...this is research. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

+

use to be me last year.

Now its

Access Denied :dry

7. Sparky

What kinda setup do you have at work? Might be around it, just say it is for research! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Honestly I would have to say I go online once every couple of hours for about 5-10 min just to clear my head from trying to figure things out sometimes.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  9. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

cant even ping google

10. Sparky

Looks like IPS on your firewall is set to 'full' :biggrin