Want to know more about active directory Win2K

Discussion in 'Network+' started by rufftongue, Nov 15, 2005.

1. rufftongue

rufftongue Bit Poster

Any help on Active directory Windows 2000.i really need help from you guys ...if also there is some more resource or links to help me.count on you guys..thankx

Certifications: A+
    WIP: NETWORK+
  2. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

best to ask in the Microsoft forums. That said, google windows 2000 resource kits and you'll soon find buckets of info from microsoft.. albeit technical stuff...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  3. Rostros22

Rostros22 Kilobyte Poster

Hello

What exactly is is that you are looking for? Basic knowledge or a more advanced view into AD?

If you could give us some more details then I am sure we can help you :biggrin

Have a look here for some starter points and their is Microsoft's official page.

Hope this helps

Certifications: ITIL Certs, F.A.S.T Auditor Certs
    WIP: None - Application with Police
  4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  5. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Probably the best introduction to Active Directory I've seen is "Inside Active Directory" by Kouti and Seitsonen. I have the first edition of this book and found it to be the most understandble book I've read. I used to subscribe to the Microsoft mailing list for AD and this book was highly recommended by a whole lot of people besides me. The "MVP's" on the mailing list recommended this book and that's pretty high praise as the "MVP's" are so named because they because they are so knowledgeable. Most if not all of them are either MS employees or do contract work for MS.

I know I learned a lot from the book.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  6. rufftongue

rufftongue Bit Poster

thankx foks for your suggestion.i am know studying active directory so if i also get the advance Ad i think it will be very beneficial.thankx

7. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  8. rufftongue

rufftongue Bit Poster

thanks G,the info was great and has given me alots of mind boggling.thanx if there is anything i will let you know.can i ask you some ? what do you suggest someone to do after N+

9. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

You're welcome. If this second edition is anything like the first edition it's a very good treatise on AD 2003. It's something I will be buying myself as soon as I can.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1